Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What cable to use as an extention calbe for the etrac??

Goldmanjace

Hi all,

I am making an extention cable for the etrac so I can hip mount. I have the connectors and now I was wondering what kind of cable I have to use and how to exactly wire it. From what I understand, as long as the same wire goes to the same terminal it just forwards the signal and therefore should not matter right? For example if I have blue to 1, red to 2, yellow to 3, green to 4 and black to 5. After all, it is just forwarding the signal from each pin to the pin in the control box.

thanks

you may whant to talk to Ron from Michigan, he maybe able to make an extencion profecionaly done for you, I just ordered one for my Sov. GT. and it is on the way, I should get it tomorrow.
thx.
HH.

He is on the forum under the name Ron from Michigan, he sales the 180 meters for the Soverign machines. look under the Soverign and Excalibu forum.

Everything like you said just one wire plus from control panel connector to extension cable connector. You can use two separate coax cables or double coax like Video VHS cable, but they are usually very thin. Try to use similar thickness cables. I saw Coiltek had some extension cables for Explorers or Etracs. Good luck, no point to swing brick in hand.

stasys said:
Everything like you said just one wire plus from control panel connector to extension cable connector. You can use two separate coax cables or double coax like Video VHS cable, but they are usually very thin. Try to use similar thickness cables. I saw Coiltek had some extension cables for Explorers or Etracs. Good luck, no point to swing brick in hand.

What do you mean with one wire plus from contrl panel connector to extension cable connector?

Goldmanjace said:
stasys said:

What do you mean with one wire plus from contrl panel connector to extension cable connector?
Wire is for extension cable connector shielding, but I heart its possible to make shielding by connecting one coil cable shielding wire to connector.

Goldmanjace said:
ok, now I am lost. Do you have a diagram or a sketch for me?
Everything is very simple, repeat cable connection pattern like in coil connector and add one wire from control panel connector to extension cable connector. nothing special.

you don't need to open -you have to stick one end wire to control panel outer connector case and another to outer extension cable connector case. Firstly make extention cable and secondly add one wire to connect both connectors case. if you want I can make for you best performance extension cable from two coax cables with some belts system, everything tested in last three years, will never return to factory heavy brick.

stasys said:
you don't need to open -you have to stick one end wire to control panel outer connector case and another to outer extension cable connector case. Firstly make extention cable and secondly add one wire to connect both connectors case. if you want I can make for you best performance extension cable from two coax cables with some belts system, everything tested in last three years, will never return to factory heavy brick.

Your mailbox is full. I wanted to send you a message.