Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what detector deals emi the best

ez4sure

i have a f75se that i really like but alot of the best spots i hunt have alot of emi thinking of getting g2 or gold bug or ? that will handle emi areas better thanks

That depends on how well you know the machine you are using. The best equipped detector that I am aware of to handle EMI problems is the Whites V3i but it has a very long learning curve. For a self adjusting detector that works very well in EMI are the Minelab Explorer, E-Trac or CTX 3030. I'm sure there are others but a detector that has selectable operating frequencies, offset frequencies, filters and search modes has an advantage on dealing with EMI.

Can you not change the freq on the F75 the same as the T2 which has 7 freq that you can choose from,just a suggestion but i will admit i have never used a F75 but i would have thought that option would be worth looking out 1st prior too changing to another detector.

The GoldBug Pros are good.
The new Fisher F19 is good.
The G2 is good.
Garrett's AT Pro is good.
Fisher CZ series are good, but you need to check for silent masking ever so often (just do a air test with a coin on the ground)
Minelab Explorer series are good but if the audio starts to go tinny, (if you have experienced it you will know when it happens) then you need to noise cancel again.

I think between them all, the GBP/F19/G2 series and the ATPro are among the best. They let you know when its there but for they handle it well.

Wait, the F5 and Omega are good, too, when the coil is in motion over the ground.

HH
Mike

I have not used a bunch of different MD's but I have the X-Terra 705 by Minelab. I've been right next to a huge overhead power grid of high tension power lines and because I had hit the auto noise cancel feature 10 minutes before getting that close to EMI, the machine was great! I was almost right under it when it finally made a little more hum in the threshold. It wasn't even enough to bother with. The 705 is so versatile too. You pick the frequency by choosing which coil you want for the hunt. Auto ground balance tracking works so well you can set the machine up to what you want and turn it off. If you go back the next day or hunting similar areas you can just turn on and hunt. Price is not too bad either, just over 700.
I've hunted in the condo complex I live in and right next to a bunch of Wifi set ups and small factories close by and wouldn't have known it. Didn't bother the 705 at all.
Check it out, sorry for the long reply I'm just very happy with my md. HH n GL
Dog.

I would have to second the X-terra 70 or 705 they work great in emi areas gold bug dose not have an noise cancel on it.

There is a park in Kalispell where my explorer and t2 go nuts in one area where I think underground lines run. The 705 has no problem in that area at all. I'm still learning the 705 but it is very stable pretty much anywhere I have been.