Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What detector does this NEL Hunter coil fit

Tommy Boy

Hi Folks,
I got a NEL Hunter coil that I received in a package deal, and I am trying to find out what detector it goes on.

The coil was supposed to be for a Makro Multi Kruzer, but the pin holes don't match the connection.

The pin holes match the Racer 2, but nothing happens when I turn the Racer 2 on.

I have sent emails and pictures to Nokta Makro, but have not received a response

Any help will be appreciated, I am attaching pictures, any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20231212_080743563_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231212_080743563_HDR.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20231212_080752374_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231212_080752374_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20231212_080825100_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231212_080825100_HDR.jpg
    846.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20231212_080910195_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231212_080910195_HDR.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20231212_080906394_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231212_080906394_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
You might try E Mailing Nell an enquiry with the coil model/size and serial #. The connector looks like Whites or Fisher or earlier Garrett. I would have to count pins on mine to guess better.

Hi Folks,
I got a NEL Hunter coil that I received in a package deal, and I am trying to find out what detector it goes on.

The coil was supposed to be for a Makro Multi Kruzer, but the pin holes don't match the connection.

The pin holes match the Racer 2, but nothing happens when I turn the Racer 2 on.

I have sent emails and pictures to Nokta Makro, but have not received a response

Any help will be appreciated, I am attaching pictures, any help would be appreciated
I have the Hunter on my Explorer xs.
Looks like the same plug to me.

Attachments

• IMG_20231214_141612.jpg
    IMG_20231214_141612.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
I hope to find out, it's a new coil, I hate to see not getting used. I have large coils, but my favorite size is the 7". The 7" on my Multi Kruzer is just as deep as the stock coil, but much better separation.

Update, I have been communicating with NEL and they told me based on the pictures and measurements, the coil was for a Fisher or Tecknetics detector, so now I just need to narrow it down to which one, any guesses

Update, I have been communicating with NEL and they told me based on the pictures and measurements, the coil was for a Fisher or Tecknetics detector, so now I just need to narrow it down to which one, any guesses
Did you contact the seller of the package deal? They might know which detector goes with the NEL.

That looks like the earlier plug style of the Nokta/Makro machines before they started waterproofing everything ( plugs are different) If that coil is for a Nokta/Makro and doesn't work on the Racers then it prob is a Fors Core or maybe Relic coil.

I tried it on the Racer 2, it screwed on, but didn't do anything when I turned it on.

I received an email from NEL, stating it was for Fisher, Teknetics. I sent NEL another email asking which model.

I wish there was someone in NW Arkansas, that had some Fisher- Teknetics machines, so I could test them.

Good luck! If it has a serial no. then the mfg. should be able to tell you. I've had a few that had absolutely nothing on them.

It definitely fits the Fisher f75. I have used it on the 75 for about 7 or 8 years. It's solidly built but weighs more than the stock coil. It also seems to go a little deeper and to me it gives good target separation for such a big oil. A very good coil.