Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What do do about an "obsessive" detector buyer

Dirt Poor

I bought a 6000 di Pro SL a while back, and didn't even remember making a post here about it "falsing" when I first turned it on, and I came on here asking about the issue. Well, I had it on the wrong setting for one thing, but it has worked perfectly ever since, and I even made some posts here about how I really liked the machine. But I decided to sell it recently, as I have so many machines. I was contacted by a "buyer", who asked alot of questions about the machine, and I repeatedly told him how well it looked AND works, and had forgotten about the MINOR and one-time falsing thing, which was before I ever took it out in the field. That wasn't even an issue, as it has been perfectly stable and with no falsing issues since. It works great. He bought the machine(not off any forums), but another selling site. He came on this forum and read all my posts, and called me the other night "obsessing" over this machine's condition, and it's STILL IN THE MAIL!! He is complaining about it, and it hasn't even gotten there yet! It's one of the most STABLE machines I've ever owned, with no "ISSUES", and it's in very nice cosmetic shape, too. I'm a fairly easy-going guy, and it takes alot to get me "riled-up", but I finally told him that when the postman shows up with the box, to refuse it and "return to sender", and I will give him a FULL refund, but if he opens the box, it's HIS! I've never seen anybody complain about something before they even GOT it.....:rage: I informed him that I could tell that he was going to "knit-pick" it to death, even if it's totally perfect. We'll see....

Pretty hard to deal with people like that. Reminds me of an old school buddy that has become a nightmare customer for any business. Nothings ever good enough. Keep us informed.
BB

You have dealt with him fairly ... the rest is up to him.
Good luck and HH

Sounds like your right...I bet this guy buys up everything under the sun and has buyer's remorse later...There ARE those out there that play the field also...they look for people selling things they say are perfect, but all they need is one slip up, like the falsing post you made, and you will NEVER hear the end of it...I think it is pretty childish to complain about something you have not even received yet though...I think you were more than fair...I would call they shipper you used and have them add a not to the delivery driver stating the guy either rejects it and it is sent back, or if he accepts it, it is his...

HH,

Thanks for the replies! I could "sense" something after our first conversation, so I went to "extra" length in the packaging process, packaging it as well as possible, in a bigger box with more padding and bubble wrap, and shipped it Priority with insurance, and the cost of shipping was right at 50.00, which "floored" me, but I ate the cost and shipped it the way I had promised to do. If it comes back un-opened and un-tampered-with, it would probably still be money well-spent.

I hear you on the shipping costs DP , I took a BIG hit on the last detector I sold also . So much so that I won't sell a detector if I have to ship it . I hope everything works out between you and your customer .

Thanks for the reply! I had no idea that it was going to cost that, but I had told the guy that's how I would ship it. The cost didn't bother me NEARLY as bad as the man's behavior on the phone. He just simply wouldn't believe that it was in good shape. Perhaps I sold it too cheap, and that's why he was skeptical?....I just don't know... :shrug:

Could have been a case of "once bitten twice shy" too (been there, done that). Not everyone is as honest as you apparently were. Good to hear that all worked out well.

HH-CC

Crispy Critter said:
Could have been a case of "once bitten twice shy" too (been there, done that). Not everyone is as honest as you apparently were. Good to hear that all worked out well.

HH-CC
Thanks, CC!