Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What do you like about the CTX & What would you like to see improved or added?

You left off the screen on the V3i showing the Polar Plot feature which in many ways is the most similar element of both detectors. The bottom half of the V3i's Polar Plot screen represents the ground, and the left side represents ferrous. The right side of the screen represents conductive. The screen with straight lines show the phase shift between the ground and a desirable conductive target in each of the V3i's three frequencies, while the screen with curly lines represents a trash target. This is the least used screen by many V3i users, yet to me it is the most important when deciding whether to dig or not to dig.

21.jpg

22.jpg

one of the things that i dont like has to do with the charging base i half struggle to line up the pack ,how long before i snap off a fin on the battery or charger

ctxelent said:
one of the things that i dont like has to do with the charging base i half struggle to line up the pack ,how long before i snap off a fin on the battery or charger

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only person with this problem. The battery slides into the detector with ease. Now if I could only figure out a way to get in the charger. Sometimes it's a two or three round fight before I'm able to get the battery seated.

Again used Exchange 2 today, it really FAR from a Application that is designed with usability in mind.
No matter if you load or save something, it alsways brings useless buttons you have to press first.
The whole usage does not hold to any normal application conventions.
Having said this, I wonder why its a Browser Application, if its not portable for example on the MAC.

About the latest suggestions, i second all of them:
- More Modes then 10
- being able to switch between 3 Modes using the Detect screen
- having a "Standard Mode" in which you can easily switch all settings like in the E-Trac without changing predefined Modes
using this concept, any selected mode will just change the "Standard Mode" - now you can change anything without changing a predefined Mode.
- The contacts for the Loader are strange but i doubt there will be changes for the CTX, maybe they can rethink it for a next model?
- I would also like the V3 graphical options, they will make sense on the CTX, maybe even add a Target Trace to these, which the V3 does not have
- a chance to just turn off the sound
- a physical volume wheel on the wireless where you can make it louder or softer

I would agree with a pocket size printed manual such as Garrett provides and a pinky trigger to allow ratcheting the screen either left or right.

I have been having great luck with the user interface, Exchange, programming, everything.

My recommended changes are purely physical at this point.

When assembling the unit, it says something to the effect of "put the lower shaft into the upper, it will only go in one way". ACTUALLY, it will go in 2 ways and one of them will get the parts stuck together. A picture here would be worth thousands of words. Now that I got it together, I see how it works. As a new owner though, it was quite odd.

Also, they need to build a better grip/screen support. I see why people are complaining that they break. I am a big guy and have somewhat muscular arms. I have felt like I was going to snap the handle in two on numerous occasions. I also have an issue with the length of the forearm rest. It simply does not go long enough to fit my monkey arms. I understand that they cannot possibly build the machine to fit every human on earth, but I would like it to be able to go bigger.

I HATE the battery chager interface and the fact that you must remove the battery for each charging. Why can't they put a charging jack on the unit itself? Plug a cable in, but not remove the battery. Plenty of other manufacturers of consumer emectronics do that while also making the item waterproof. I understand that LioN batteries take a special charging circuit and Minelab probably did not want to include that weight in the unit, but a suitable chargeer could still be made which allows the battery to stay in place and keeps the charger weight out of the machine.

I also do not like the headphone jack that comes with the unit. I want to remove that (I use the wireless anyway), plug the jack where the waterproof headphones attach, and have a waterproof unit I can use with the internal speaker. Unless I missed something in the box, I don't believe it is setup to do this.

Other than that, I have enjoyed the ergonomics of the unit.

All in all, I know that I am VERY picky and can find fault in ANYTHING, but I really do love this machine more and more.

WM

I would like to see a setting to ignore targets below a user defined depth. I would like to have the ability to ignore all targets under 9" deep where I am currently hunting. I am wondering if anyone is communicating good ideas to minelab and if this thread could be added as a sticky thread?.

It has been many months since Minelab has done anything to improve the CTX. If they intended to listen to the owners and address any of these issue doesn't seem like they would have had time to at least done something besides what they did last year?

An upgradable machine with no stream of upgrades is not much better than than one without that ability.

There is a string of posts over at the CTX Resource Forum (Software update suggestions for CTX 3030) that Minelab monitors on a regular basis. If you have suggestions that you would like them to consider, I encourage you to post those ideas there. HH Randy

Randy,

It is nice that they monitor them, it would be better if they acted on them.

In your previous post, you mentioned improvements, issues and upgrades, all in the same content. I've read the forums much longer than the 7 weeks you've been aboard, and I don't see any ongoing issues. Sure, there may be an occasional hiccup or piece of gear that isn't working as designed. But they are typically isolated incidents and don't belong in the same category as "issues". Issues were when the detector shut down, due to misinformation coming from the Li-Ion battery sensors. And that was resolved in one of the FREE updates. An issue was the instability when using the detector in salt water. And again, that issue was resolved with a FREE update. Some found the inability to lock in the Pinpoint button, opposed to holding it down, to be an issue. Personally, I'd put that in the "improvement" category. But regardless, again, Minelab responded with a "fix" in one of the FREE updates. They are not going to pump out updates, just for the sake of saying they can. The engineers thoroughly examine each and every "suggestion", and will develop software enhancements that will fix "issues", enhance performance and implement workable improvements. JMHO HH Randy