Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What do you use and why

Low-Boy/LCPM

Been out of detecting for almost two years due to cancer now I can go out for about two hours before I get too tired but that is a big step in the right direction for me...So I use the gold bug pro and the g2 and the Garrett AT Gold. Where I live I am hunting for relics and I will hunt in iron and trash. So what do you guys hunt with and why. I like VDI it helps me remember what certain buttons come in as or silver and so forth. Been reading about a lot of different machines but I am interested in hunting in more iron with mixed trash and not giving up too quickly. Like to find old tools and axe heads and horse shoes in the iron. I get a higher VDI on those targets so it is not always the hardest to pull some of that stuff out. Trying to get use to the At Gold and its audio. Was reading about the deus but it seems like way too much money and after about six inches the VDI is gone. I know when hunting iron you don't need a lot of depth but where I hunt you have a big mixture of different types of ground and depth is a must in some areas when you get past the iron..

I use the At Pro, but am more of a coinshooter. I do have a few places up near where I go on vacation that have relics, but I have only used the Ace 250 there.

I used the MXT PRO for a while to hunt relics with. Then I upgraded to the TDI which is my main relic machine. I got it mainly to hunt in the hot soil of Culpeper VA. While my MXT PRO did ok there I knew I was not getting deep enough as other pulse machines were getting signals that I couldn't even hear. Last year I was digging bullets 18" deep with nice loud tones and my buddy couldn't even get a signal with his F75. Now the TDI does not have a dispay which is ok with me as I don't use the display when relic hunting. I go by tones. The TDI is a brass magnet. All brass signals are high tones and everything else is low tones. My button count has skyrocketed since getting the TDI. I now use the MXT PRO as a back up and for coin hunting. You really can not go by VDI numbers when relic hunting. In Virginia in the hot soil will affect VDI read out. Once I quit relying on VDI and digging all targets by the tones my finds were much higher. I even use the TDI here in Tennessee on not so hot ground. So my favorite relic machine is by far the TDI.

I use a tesoro Vaquero. I dont think it is a better detector but it has made me a better detectorist.

I'm not a relic hunter, but I do like digging bullets and brass targets and the Tejon gets them pretty deep and it won't break the bank like some of these high priced detectors.
I have tried several detectors with target ID and pretty much didn't like any of them except for the Fisher CZ5. I'm glad to hear you are getting back in the swing of things and getting to go detecting again.....HH

Roger

I use the XP DEUS and it is the best detector in iron, super fast and super deep. I don't think this way because I own it, I bought it because off these benefits.

I use a T2 with the SEF15x12 coil,Deus and a Pulse machine as well with various size coils fainly for specific sites,also use a Fisher TW-5 2box machine on some sites as well.The T2 does take some beating and these days you can buy these machines pretty cheap especially as folks have upgraded to the latest version.

Did use a Troy X5 for about a year but was not happy with it,so that was the only machine that i have ever sold,they do have a cult relic hunting following but not from me for sure.