Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What does the big K charge for the revers pinpoint mod on an Excal

Used to be ML would only work on an Xcal and put it back to original and you would have to put the mods back on once you got it back. Now with Kelleyco doing the work you ask a good question about warranty. I suspect it would voild the warranty just because these are dive machines and im not sure the mods would hold up at 200'. But then ML expects you to completely take your machine apart every time to clean it or it COULD void your warranty for excessive coil wear ect. Got to cost at least $200 to $250. Ill be watching this thread just to see what kind of reply you get.

Dew

I think 125.Kellyco... and LIR does them also.. Pm for info...

And I swear If I did not have my PP on the Excalibur I would give up detecting...

Well I made the call. It costs 125.00 for the mod. That includes the handle but not the shaft. It does void the warranty. I'll be sending mine in. I would love to tell you all about it after I get it done, but this will indeed be my last post on this forum. Don't mention my name either or you will be banned as well. So long stink town. Guv you and Glad can kiss my behind. Ban me all the way you sissy.

Wow 6 years hate to see you go you have a lot of info on beach machines. GL on that PPer. I agree Joe.... PPer went S. Today and I hated switching and hunting in disc. All those false beeps and chirps drove me nuts.

One thing on the PP mode, unless you have a really good set of head phones you are loosing about 33% of the gain in the advantage. And what I am saying are the stock headphones are that bad...

One last post. I'm already with you on that. The headphones are being replaced too. It is the cost of the headphones plus one hour labor. The darn stock headphones don't even fit my head. They were made for the Martians in the Mars Attacks movie. You have your choice of the underwater or amphibian GG with the volume control on the side. I went underwater. The Excalibur has its own volume control plus I have used them both before on a CTX thanks to OBN and I got better volume out of the underwater. I was told turn around time was three weeks. So it is 125.00 for the mod. 155.00 for the headphones. 65.00 for the labor and 14.00 for return shipping. I hope this post helps clear up some questions that Excalibur owners out there have. A great detector that on many opinions needs a little help to be better. These prices are for right now so don't be angry if they go up. Everything usually does.

I think their turn around is faster than that...... couple of weeks on most stuff max. Everyone forgets the Xcal is a dive machine. Those yellows arent bad for their intended use. Headphone do make a huge difference in what you hear..... or miss. PPs other advantage is the ability to run full sensitivity, not having beeps and chirps, and not waiting on a recovery time.

Dew

goodmore said:
One last post.

Come on Goodmore we have heard that how many times now? I enjoy your post on the different types of detectors and how to use them. So stop with the false promises and keep up the post here, your input is welcomed on detectors and using them my friend.

Buck said:
goodmore said:
One last post.

Come on Goodmore we have heard that how many times now? I enjoy your post on the different types of detectors and how to use them. So stop with the false promises and keep up the post here, your input is welcomed on detectors and using them my friend.

Yeah .... don't be a sissy :heh:

Good luck to you Buck. We didn't see eye to eye on many things, but if the crap ever hits the fan I got your back. And we are left standing we can continue to argue with each other.

goodmore said:
You have your choice of the underwater or amphibian GG with the volume control on the side. I went underwater.

The blue tube I got (that had a new tornado coil and new Underwater headphones installed) was not loud enough to hear above any background noise (like waves). Opening up the Underwater headphones, heating the hot glue puck and removing the transformer made a world of difference. If yours comes back with not a lot of volume, look for OBN's post on removing the transformer from the Underwater headphones.
Cheers,
tvr