Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What happened to the TM Pro , I was wanting to know about it.

Flintstone

No one is talking about the Treasure Master Pro. Is it any good? Has anyone used it? I have been thinking about getting one, but would like to know more about it. I just got a MX5, and so far it is very good. I will talk more about it when I have used it more. I think the Treasure M. would be a good detector for my wife. If you have one, let us know how good it is,or bad. Thanks

I have mine yet and its doing petty good . I'm disabled so my detecting is limited to no rough hard to hunt area's for me . Anyway it is a different machine I wasn 't use too . Lots of settings and they seem to very some depending on what area you hunt in . Some say they can run sensitivty wild open while others like me have to back it way down in my area of Missouri or it will chatter a lot . The VDI reads good but will vary a couple numbers when using off brand coils and can be a little jumpy sometimes . Its a real light weight machine which is great .The lower rod could be longer but is ok if your not super tall . I 'm use to a machine with very few adjustments so Had to learn to run this one all over cause it has plenty of adjustment . Someone else will have to speak for the depth part of this machine as I only hunt city parks anymore so nothing I find is deep normally . I have been playing with mine for a couple weeks now , but will probably sell mine or trade it when I get done playing and learning it . It would be a great machine for a anyone wanting a light machine with plenty of adjustments to it . Hope this helps some , maybe some of the other user's will chime in soon and give you there thoughts on this machine .

When you get tired of the Treasure Pro Harold, let me know, I would like to try one out for myself and I'm in no hurry.

Will do Larry , its a great detector for the price , just not sure that its going to be my favorite detector . I will give you first choice if I decide to let it go .

Pescadore should chime in before long Flintstone He has used and tested his a lot more than I have , he has a video on this thread showing him using his if you haven't seen it yet . Your welcome afraid I am not much help but hoped I helped a little .

Flintstone said:
No one is talking about the Treasure Master Pro. Is it any good? Has anyone used it? I have been thinking about getting one, but would like to know more about it. I just got a MX5, and so far it is very good. I will talk more about it when I have used it more. I think the Treasure M. would be a good detector for my wife. If you have one, let us know how good it is,or bad. Thanks

Sorry I haven't replied earlier but I have been having some physical and illness issues that have kept me from detecting the last couple of weeks or so. I like the TreasurePro and think it's a nice little machine. I would never try to convince anyone that it is the deepest machine I have used but it gets adequate depth for the kind of hunting I do. I have two of them and leave the NEL Sharpshooter on one and the D2 on the other. It's more stable than my MX5 was but not as deep. I am primarily a coinshooter and the areas that I hunt do not lean themselves to dig 12 inch holes anyway and the coins in my dirt do not seem to get that deep anyway because we have a very hard clay base below about 6 inches. Target separation often plays a more important role in finding silver in the areas I hunt. I found a couple of silvers last time I was out in an area that has been heavily hunted in the past and the TM Pro with the Sharpshooter sniffed them out. They were only 4-5 inches deep. I also have the Whites 4X6 Shooter coil if I need to be surgical. I guess it just depends on the kind of hunting you do and what you need out of a machine. I would compare the TM Pro more in the catagory of the 6T vs the M series detectors. The 6T was one of my favorite Whites machines so I am a happy camper. I am saving up for a NEL Hunter coil to replace the D2 and I think that I will actually get better depth from it. It was my go to coil on the 6T in less trashy areas. Hope that gives you some good info !!! I think your wife would like it.
Pesc

Thanks PESC, I was thinking the MX5 and Treasure M,P, was about the same in depth, but I was told the MX5 will go 12" deep.I know my wife wont want to dig dig 12" anyway. Thanks for the info.

I have the MX5 and if were to get another machine I would get the Treasure Master over the TM Pro. Have two member of our club using both of the machines and the Treasure Master is getting as much depth as the TM Pro his dad is using.

The one other benefit to the Treasure Master over the TM Pro is that you do not need to Ground Balance with the Treasure Master.

Charlene Sabisch
Treasure Hunting Outfitters
“Experience the Thrill of Uncovering Lost Treasure!”
www.TreasureHuntingOutfitters.com

casabisch said:
I have the MX5 and if were to get another machine I would get the Treasure Master over the TM Pro. Have two member of our club using both of the machines and the Treasure Master is getting as much depth as the TM Pro his dad is using.

The one other benefit to the Treasure Master over the TM Pro is that you do not need to Ground Balance with the Treasure Master.

Charlene Sabisch

I think I'm just the opposite Charlene, I would much rather have the Treasure Pro for only $100 more.

Both units have automatic GB but the Treasure Pro as has AutoTrac (ON or OFF), Traclock for tough areas. I think a manual GB is only necessary for locking AutoTrac and even that is optional. Also Backlight would come in handy with the Treasure Pro.

The Treasure Pro has 16 discrimination ranges to better fine tune out unwanted targets plus 8 tones for target ID. The added program for High Trash is also a welcome addition on the Treasure Pro.

Most important to me with mineralized ground is the Treasure Pro comes with the 10" DD coil which in my ground means more depth and better coverage than the 9" concentric.

But, to each their own :shrug:

A lot depends on your ground and hunting needs for which one is for you. For beach hunting, the TM works fine but for my hunting style the Pro is a much better unit for a little more money. I just got done putting the Pro though the paces for a review and I was very impressed with the unit for someone whose top priority is not depth but simplicity, visibility and lighter weight. Don't get me wrong though, for a $300 to $400 detector, the depth is what I would expect in my mineralized ground, I recovered some wheat cents at 6" which I consider pretty darned good and that was right on the edge of the depth range for me. I believe the TM and T Pro has the same search engine so the depth should be the same with the same coil but I sure like the extra bells and whistles and the DD coil on the Pro for my ground and hunting style.

If you want a good detector for primarily clad and jewelry gathering on the beach, sports fields and tot lots, I think the new TM and T Pro is an investment that will quickly pay for itself. My biggest complaint is the lack of coil selection for that frequency (Prizm coils), I would be much happier if it was a higher frequency and compatible with the MXT/DFX/ V series coils, but that is water under the bridge. :shrug:

My ideal configuration would be the Prizm Bigfoot coil on the T Pro but the Prizm Bigfoot coils are hard to find.

Larry (IL) said:
casabisch said:

Charlene Sabisch

I think I'm just the opposite Charlene, I would much rather have the Treasure Pro for only $100 more.

Both units have automatic GB but the Treasure Pro as has AutoTrac (ON or OFF), Traclock for tough areas. I think a manual GB is only necessary for locking AutoTrac and even that is optional. Also Backlight would come in handy with the Treasure Pro.

The Treasure Pro has 16 discrimination ranges to better fine tune out unwanted targets plus 8 tones for target ID. The added program for High Trash is also a welcome addition on the Treasure Pro.

Most important to me with mineralized ground is the Treasure Pro comes with the 10" DD coil which in my ground means more depth and better coverage than the 9" concentric.

But, to each their own :shrug:

Where are you finding it has Trac Loc?? No where can I find that info. Auto Trac but not Loc??

Track Lock is not (printed) in the owners manual. It is an amendment page inserted into the manual explaining Silent Search/Threshold and Track Lock. You turn Tracking On or Off by pressing the Tracking button.

Keep your mx5 and forget the treasuremaster, response time is horrible, but the depth of the Detector is very good. I have one and would sell it for $175.00 used it maybe 2 hours. its almost brand new with full warranty.

Well ... I bought the Treasure Master Pro package and was pleasantly surprised with all that comes with it. Basically everything one needs for detecting. The DD coil is nice too, although it's very sensitive. There's not a single thing I could say against this detector. Before I became sick six months ago, I wouldn't have had any difficulty detecting with the Treasure Pro. I'm finally beginning to feel much better and was able to get out for about an hour with the Treasure Pro. I found a dollar coin, a newer quarter and a late 60's penny but then needed to head on home being that I was plumb tuckered out. I simply couldn't swing it any further. After getting home and thinking about my hunt, I decided the Treasure Pro was just a wee bit too heavy for me, so I've decided to sell the whole package. Actually, I have it posted on the classified forum here. Hope this helps you a bit.