Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what headphones are you using and why.

minelabking

I've narrowed down my top three. Killer b's grey ghosts and sunray golds. Price is not an issue. Just want to know what others are using and why they like them. I shall partially base my decision on the feedback I receive.

Cannot comment on others as I have never used anything but the DetectorPro GreyGhost Originals
Great Quality, Great Sound and Clarity and above all else one of the best at Customer Service.
Who else would repair a set of Headphones for Free years out of warranty. They did and it had nothing to do with me being on here.
But, As a side note I hear the others are great as well.

When I got my SE Pro I read a lot of posts from fellows that loved the Sunray Golds and that's what I went with. I love 'em. When I picked up my used Etrac this spring it came with a pair of Grey Ghosts. Hey, I love them too! I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

I agree,I think you could just pick one of the three you mentioned and be very happy no matter which it was. I love my 2 sets of Killer B's but have heard nothing but positives about the others as well.

Cheapest pair I could find on ebay. They are at least stereo headphones and cost about $12. I have used them for years. Used to the sound it gives me and works for me.

150 ohm hd phones are the best if you want to hear the difference of a 1954 quarter to a 1975 quarter or a 1925 penny to a 1958. LOL I agree with you. I have 20 pairs of headphones and my favorites are expensive Stereo music headphones gotten cheap off ebay! They sound better than my Killer Bee's and my Grey Ghosts. They are 1/4 the weight and no more sweaty ears and and annoying size on your head. Spend $30 for a pair of $120 music stereo hd. phones and you'll thank me and save $140! ;) The expensive Ear Bud music stereo headphones are just as awesome and clear! ... and cheap on ebay.

I have 150/300/600 ohm sets and the 150 ohms are best for the full range low tones and high the higher ohm speakers are nice on high tones not so good on the low tones maybe I could add a resistor but that would sort of defeat the purpose ?? :biggrin:

if you like sharp crisp sounds then all those brands mentioned will do great as they all use 150ohm speakers and they are my 2nd 150 ohm pick of speakers if anyone wants to know my 1st pick just PM me.

AJ