Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Hits in the 30s with Nox 800?

LawrencetheMDer

Been using my Nox 800 for past 6 months on land and sand and surf. Except for quarters hitting around 30 -31, haven't had any targets in the 30s. What are hunters finding that run in the 30s??? Just interested. Halves? Silver dollars?

Multiple clad quarters stuck together or really close together, silver quarters, any half dollars including clad, any one dollar coins including clad Ikes and presidential, Sacajawea, or Susan B Anthony dollars, really large or thick aluminum, brass, bronze, galvanized steel, cast iron or super deep iron targets to name a few. Also any large in weight silver jewelry can also come in above 31. The deep iron that wraps around and sounds off in the 38,39 and 40 range while giving negative numbers with the horseshoe button engaged is definitely annoying but sometimes worth digging.

Jeff

Silver half’s are 34-35 same with clad halves .
Mark

I never ever make a dig/no dig decision on what any screen TID gives me,if it gives a signal above 2 then it has to come out,if i was to rely solely on number then alot of decent coins/artefacts could well be left in the ground.Foil signals folks would normally ignore or any low numbers that in my mind would be a bad move as silver hammered coins would be left in the ground as just one example.Gold coinage or infact anything near the iron range is another signal that i will dig.....Audio is king and always will be,far more reliable that any TID,screens are only good in my mind for showing you the setting adjustments and not for TID.......of course its a personal thing and upto the individual.

Mega said:
I never ever make a dig/no dig decision on what any screen TID gives me,if it gives a signal above 2 then it has to come out,if i was to rely solely on number then alot of decent coins/artefacts could well be left in the ground.Foil signals folks would normally ignore or any low numbers that in my mind would be a bad move as silver hammered coins would be left in the ground as just one example.Gold coinage or infact anything near the iron range is another signal that i will dig.....Audio is king and always will be,far more reliable that any TID,screens are only good in my mind for showing you the setting adjustments and not for TID.......of course its a personal thing and upto the individual.
Exactly sound is key and I always circle the target and I change up my settings to hear how the signal responds better or worse..
Mark

This rang in the 30s and a silver half I found I think was in the 30s.....Low 30s...

All these and a whole lot more.

The only signals I've got that I had questions about the TID was right on but the audio was terrible. I had at least 3 and they all were walking Liberty halfs.

The 50 tones I use was spot on tone wise.....with the 30s signals.

I dont ever worry about "perfect" signals. If I'm getting 30s numbers but the tone isnt solid 30s, I'm digging. If I'm getting 30s high tones but the number doesnt match I'm still digging. Look for reasons TO dig, not excuses to walk away.

I found my first silver dollar ever after using the NOX 800 for a few minutes. It was badly worn and in the same hole as a silver 63-D and a clad quarter. Also the first time I've found silver and clad in the same hole. Suspect a kid buried it vs being dropped. I'm not sure if I would have moved on if I had been using my regular detector.

Chris

You guys may know why this happens sometimes.....visual display shows a mid conductor number but the tone (in 5 or 50) sounds at a high conductor pitch. Any ideas why? Thx

36....[attachment 371629 29400AE7-A81D-4977-B52E-172CD454D98C.jpeg][attachment 371630 3BE20C0D-C93E-4EAF-89C7-73948FD83BC3.jpeg]

Florida Son said:
You guys may know why this happens sometimes.....visual display shows a mid conductor number but the tone (in 5 or 50) sounds at a high conductor pitch. Any ideas why? Thx

typically its because of co-located targets. They arent usually on the same plain, so above/below/beside and type of target will change how you get TID. visual and audio are often separate circuits (I cant confirm whether or not the EQX is separate) so they dont always match exactly on co-located items

I've found silver dimes and quarters in the lower 30's. Just dug a seated quarter that was a solid 32, 1853! Any time I get a 25 or higher, my pulse races LOL

Thanks everyone for your responses. The answers follow what I had expected for the most part on numbers in the 30s and truly appreciate everyone's response. I'm often faced with low tide situations where I have a very limited time to recover very difficult to recover targets (1 - 5 minutes) and can't dig every signal. So must decide which targets to dig with all available information, including display numbers. But what throws me more than anything is that I can recover a target (e.g., white gold diamond ring 0.6 ctw, 2.98g; found today) that reads 9-10 in my harsh environment (lots of small iron, black sand, saltwater, thick rock layer, surf conditions) and air tests 3-4 on the Nox 800. That is why I told a young man metal detecting yesterday on the dry sand beach to dig everything, if you can. Another example today - target was a solid "28" and thought for sure it was a quarter; turned-out to be a 925 silver jade ring (2.98g). Ya just never know.

Found this draped bust today 7” down rang up 30
Mark