Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is a 19-5 : 20-4 return likely to be?

AVXVA

While I was at that old school yesterday I came across a large, solid, repeatable 19-5 : 20-4. I've seen a lot of small target 12-3 : 12-4 that was aluminum foil, but I've never seen anything like a 19 to 20 Ferrous number with that low Conductivity. It was hot, and in a few minutes I would be letting a ghost penny out of a hole, so I didn't dig it up to find out, but now I'm curious.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Bronc

Good question... maybe foil with some iron nearby? Keep us posted if you go back and dig it up.

dug a 12-4 today that was a 3 cent nickel. maybe iron was in the hole with something good throwing the numbers off

Just dig the thing hot weather or not. Thats what serious metal detecting is all about if you want to be proficient with the eTRAC.
Had a lot of goofy, jumbled, made no sense, jumpy IDs that ended up being keepers usually with a lot of junk under, over or around.
You got to dig to develop that 'gut' feeling.

ironsight said:
Just dig the thing hot weather or not. Thats what serious metal detecting is all about if you want to be proficient with the eTRAC.
Had a lot of goofy, jumbled, made no sense, jumpy IDs that ended up being keepers usually with a lot of junk under, over or around.
You got to dig to develop that 'gut' feeling.

10-4 ! :thumbup:

Okay, I just got back from digging that 19-5 : 20-4 mystery TID. It was a heavily oxidized, heavily wrinkled, nearly disintegrated piece of aluminum foil, about 6" in diameter, lying flat and horizontal in the ground, at a depth of 9-inches. At 9-inches it was 19-5 : 20-4. At 6-inches it was 15-5. At 3-inches it 12-4 : 12-5, just like normal. (How a flat, horizontal, 6" piece of aluminum foil got 9" in the ground is beyond me..)

Bronc

I dig deep foil all the time ... especially the old foil pie tins

AVXVA said:
Okay, I just got back from digging that 19-5 : 20-4 mystery TID. It was a heavily oxidized, heavily wrinkled, nearly disintegrated piece of aluminum foil, about 6" in diameter, lying flat and horizontal in the ground, at a depth of 9-inches. At 9-inches it was 19-5 : 20-4. At 6-inches it was 15-5. At 3-inches it 12-4 : 12-5, just like normal. (How a flat, horizontal, 6" piece of aluminum foil got 9" in the ground is beyond me..)

Bronc
Good for you, Bronc!..........That's how you learn & get comfortable with this machine.:thumbup:

You beat me to it, I was going to suggest stainless steel,as I get a lot off boat fittings on the beaches that ring there abouts.....