Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is it..?

fastdraw

Detected this today.... It's solid brass and appears to have some kind of cotton thread or twine wrapped in the middle. The end of it has a stamped anchor on it what's some kind of a thread or snake running through the anchor. Does anybody know what it is..?

Attachments

• 20201122_163815.jpg
    20201122_163815.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 164
  • 20201122_163710.jpg
    20201122_163710.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 175
How big is that thing. The symbol reminds me of something medical.

How big is that thing. The symbol reminds me of something medical.
Yeah I'm thinking something medical also only because it appears to have something like a snake running through it....?? But the string in the middle is far too thick for any medical purposes that I know of

Can't tell from your pic but is it size of a spool of thread or bigger/smaller? it appears big in the pic.

That symbol is US Public Health Services.

That symbol is US Public Health Services.
But it's got a Anchor on it... So it's Navy... Found in an area that is full of late 1880's garbage. I have no idea what it is... but I'm sure there's somebody on this forum who does.

Could be Navy but US PHS uses that symbol also. Pretty cool find!

I think I have seen (& found) rivet's with that anchor mark on them. ( Maybe "Anchor Brand" ?) Hard to tell what's wrapped around it...........
Then again, maybe it's something totally different!:giggle:

Iowa Dale

I really think Iowa Dale got it , run a quick search for "Vintage Anchor Brand Rivet" and in the first couple frames you'll see an actual box label with a logo that looks like a good match. The curved line would be the line from the anchor. These were made by the Townsend Company of New Brighton Pa. (search that and there are a couple nice articles). The material sandwiched between the heads looks like degraded canvas webbing. Just my thoughts on your find and Happy Hunting!