Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what is rarer than finding a pre bc roman coin in America :thumbup:

detecterx

My wife claims an attractive single woman metal detecting. However I have not been able to prove her wrong :veryangry:

Anyone came across one of these extremely rare finds?

HH,

Tom

I suppose it depends on what your definition of attractive is...... I have seen many and I married one of them. :biggrin:

Oh, I bet you are talking about the coin...... :surrender: Not Roman, but I did find a Widow's Mite in a tot lot..... probably a show and tell item.

Actually woman :crylol:

Hi Tom. I did actually find a Roman coin 14-15 years ago. I found it in Bay St. Louis, Ms, only a few blocks from the Gulf of Mexico. It appears to be the real deal. The Image on both sides is very faint, but can't be denied.. It is a "hammered"brass/bronze with the barely visible image of a Roman Man's head/bust with beard on one side and on the other side, a standing figure with outstretched arm holding a staff or spear.Very faint image. I did manage to ID it to some degree and would have to say that it is very convincing toward being authentic.. I did not realize what it was at first and very near sent it to the trash, but spared it for a little cleanup. That is when the image showed up and I took a better look. A Roman coin find was certainly not in my plan of the day.Goes to Show That Stuff Do Happen !HH, Charlie

detecterx said:
My wife claims an attractive single woman metal detecting. However I have not been able to prove her wrong :veryangry:

Anyone came across one of these extremely rare finds?

HH,

Tom

I've let a few attractive young woman use my detector while beach hunting, but I've yet to run into one that was actually out there detecting on her own.

I'm not sure if I can post this and keep my man card, but there's been a few times when the bikini clad ladies stopping to chat actually has been a bit annoying. .The day I catch myself staring at their gold jewelry instead of their chest is the day I put the Excal away for good! :rofl:

and Halle Berry walked up to me and we started talking! She had just gotten divorced, and was lonely, she asked like usual, if I found anything good, and I said "no" like usual.
"But that doesnt stop me from looking" I said. She gave a little sigh and said, "Me too, but I dont think I'll find what I'm looking for buried in the sand"... So we sat together and watched the sun come up and talked about how important it is to look in the right places for what we seek, and how important it is to have good discrimination and sensitivity to weed out the scrap, empty cans, timewasters, and junk...Except for good looks, money and fame, we had a lot in common! She said she may never find her target, and I said maybe your threshold is set too high, and all you are hearing is the chatter of shallow screwoffs. She agreed, and then I recited some poetry for her, to cheer her up you know, The Highwayman, by Alfred Noyes, and a few funny limericks. She laughed and asked me what I would be doing for the next few years, I said "most likely whatever my wife wants me to do", like usual... and with that, she got up, said goodbye, and walked away, I dont know why, she really had nothing to do for the rest of the day......I told my wife about it when I got home, and she said. "In your DREAMS!"...Then I woke up...:rofl:
Mud

mudpuppy, I have never commented on peoples stories before, but yours really made me laugh. You had me going right to the end. Well done.

It is alot like hunting. I was out hunting one day and ended up with a women with horns. (red ones) They only pop out when it's just us around

I'm 75 and still looking 4 1 of those rare finds about 21 years old

n/t