Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is that warble I am hearing?

jd88047

I understand the thunk is usually iron. But what is the warble I am hearing. So far it has produce no good targets. Any idea where I can read up on this effect?

OK one of us need to record a video demonstrating the silver warble. I have yet to see one posted. We need one to show the difference in sound between a naturally buried copper and the silver warble.

The Minelab "warble" is the audio changing very quickly in slight increments up and down due to an INABILITY to exactly identify a target. It can happen with ANY item. It usually happens with very deep targets. I have experienced it a few times with my Explorer2, but all of these were clad coins very deep. I've NEVER heard it with my CTX, probably because of its ability to ID these same types of targets more accurately and the audio generator is different altogether. I would like to see a video posted as well...

I believe the "Silver Warble" is the results of silver coming in right at the audio break point where a change in frequency is programmed. The Warble is the audio jumping between the change in audio pitch.

Possibly as side effect from the FE circuit. That would explain why the silver warble is less evident on the CTX.

Southwind said:
I believe the "Silver Warble" is the results of silver coming in right at the audio break point where a change in frequency is programmed. The Warble is the audio jumping between the change in audio pitch.

Possibly as side effect from the FE circuit. That would explain why the silver warble is less evident on the CTX.

Well put and excellent point on the FE theory...makes sense!

Yes I run FE and was on multi or four tone. I was set to go deep per instructions from a more experienced used. The ground was to hard to dig with a lesche that day, so the copper and clad I found makes sense now. Im switching over to 2 tone ferrous hunts on the small coils for awhile. Will wait for a good rain to put on the big coil and go silver hunting. Im not sure how you would make a video of the Warble, I sure hope I wasnt leaving silver in the ground.

I was under the impression that the exp II's sounds were not kept on the Etrac or CTX.
Warble sound on the exp II is most times a silver coin. I knew someone who tried to duplicate that sound on the Etrac and could not do it, he gave up and went back to exp II

jd88047 said:
I understand the thunk is usually iron. But what is the warble I am hearing. So far it has produce no good targets. Any idea where I can read up on this effect?

on the CTX the thunk is not necessarily iron but a real deep target just on the edge of detection. I pay extra attention to the thunks.
I just started running an Etrac so I'm not sure if this hold true for it.
Bryan

Bryan yes the Thunk sound as I called it does hold true on the E-Trac too.

I got a buried depth gauge signal the first time I experienced it and was an Indian Head penny had to be 10" deep or more. I thought I was digging to China till I got it.

So far all the thunks was iron. But will keep digging them.

If I start getting a warble again I will make a video. It happens in between sounds.

As I read Andy S.'s book I am seeing a lot of things I need to do for my area. There is one program that just notches out the bottom right corner. I like that one. Anything that hits in middle to right upper quadrant is usually a coin or screw top for me.

Im learning a lot from you guys. Now just to get out and do it.

Follow up on the warble. I found it again on a bobby pin. I was on the upswing and running TTF with very lil disc. Relic program and copper coins setting. Had on a 8 inch coil this time. Forgot my phone so sorry no video lol.