Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the deepest analog with 8" coil or less, non PI?

Off the top of my head I would have to say the Mark 1 and if the Treasure Baron is consittered an analog detector that too would be the deepest when using an 8" coil, For my area here in California that is.

Paul (Ca)

I would have to say my old Whites 6000/D ser. 2 with a 6 inch coil, where I was getting around 8 1/2 inches on a silver Roosevelt dime a couple of years ago. Of course my Garrett's Master Hunter ADS 7 with 7.5 inch coil was no slouch either. This past Friday I went to an old city park with my XL Pro for a few hours and got a '48 and '56 wheatie at 7 to 8 inches down. Somewhat of weak signal both in Disc. and in Pinpoint. I got the typical clad and trash which you find.

All these machines have analog meter.

TC-NM

I agree about the Treasure Barons. The Cointrax in both modes and Goldtrax in all metal mode would probably be considered digital since they use a microprocessor, but the Prohunter is analog and with the Deephunter module it will flat out get down there. The base Baron isn't a slouch, and neither are the A & S and Cobra II's. The Tek ST from the 1980's would also have to be considered, as would the Nautilus DMC IIb in ground as mild as we have here.

what about the coinmaster model 5 supreme with a 2khz. 4bdx coil..... it's a hyper sensitive detector..... i was finding iron nail heads a foot down....it's a dynamite relic hunter.....

I see that on this forum that the Mark 1 has a cult following and there are people who restore them it must be a great machine as well.

had most of the top end detectors through the late 70's right through the 80,s the Garrett ads 6 or 7 was deep, but nothing would touch the Araldo 120 or 130. still sought after on eBay UK even though they have not been made for years, i also had a whites/savo 8000 with the drab brown /green coloured box, that was a deep detector, think it's production was stopped when whites took over savo, non disc machine deepest i owned about 1980 was probably a fisher 440 series, getting away from depth i spent most of my time digging iron infested river backs and fields, so my main detector was the 77b, then Garrett groundhog. any of the above detectors took some skill to get the best from them but they were a lot more fun than to days turn on and go machines

Air/Ground detector tests:

http://www.metaldetection.net/english/Metal_detector-tests.htm

http://wwwdark.w.interia.pl/testy.htm (Tests on US coins, 2.5cm = 1" ) Scroll down for a condensed list.

PennyFinder

how a bout the fisher cz 6a and cz5. there both anolog and hit deep on the beaches.
my cz 6a hits deeper than my tek mark1. the tek handles iron better.

xl pro in s.a.t mode!..

(h.h!)
j.t.

teknetics mark 1 with the sensitivity cranked as high as it will go. may be a little chattery but that bad boy will get down there for sure.

My 6000 DI Pro SL (Black) with the 950 black concentric when set to the Pre sets will air test an Aussie 20 cent coin at 45 cm and at max sens, 60+cm. It will detect an Aussie penny at close to 1mtr.
This machine has been moded a bit to work well in our mineralisation.
This particular machine gets bloody awsome depth wherever it can be ground Balanced and literally kills all of my other detectors in any ground suited to it.
Even my Sov fitted with the 15in WOT cannot get close to this 6000 in dry sand at the beach.
All of the targets in my test patch are between 5 and 8inches deep and although my good machines like the Lobo ST, Sov XS and even the Infinium can find these targets easily, this 6000 DI Pro gives a good signal on all of them with the coil 10inches of the ground and thats with it set below the preset sens position. I do not know why this machine is as good as it is compared to other same make and model machines,it just is and thats all I need to know.
Adrian SS

They are Air test figures only, but even so, this machine is capable of very good in ground depth.
At the max Signal Balance setting it will respond to an Ausie copper penny when it is just slightly in front of the control box with the stem fully extended.
In actual use I has been possible on a few occasions to be able to use this max setting but the machine becomes very chattery if there is any interference about.
I do not know if the standard black box 6000 DI PRO SL is as good (Sensitive) as my machine because mine has been seriously modified....... More sensitivity, different Ground Balance arrangement, ( for Ausie gold field conditions) extra tone selectors, modified Hot Rock accept / reject system and a slightly different Start up procedure.

However, from what I have read, this machine is pretty good in standard form and is a great Coin and Relic detector.

Thos results are completely exciting. You must have had somw work done as you say to boost sensitivity adn transmit power. That machine is one I Have heard about for a long time but never new that kind of power was possible. The mjods you hear about here are only for tone ID. I have a IDX that I have been working on for some time anfd although I have doubled its depth from factory specs, I am still limited in its initial design. Schematics for both detectors are easily obtainalble, and the 6000d has much more going on under the cover. For an example the transmit frequency is crystal controlled on the 6000. on the classics there are no crystals but an oscillator made of some transistors and the coil itself. I know that ground conditions change everything. but here where I live in the country part of New York State, I can depend on at least 60% of air test depth for coins. so two or three feet is a huge figure to start with. I may pick up onje of these detectors and start plying around with the insides sometime when my wife is not looking. So you have no issue using the 6000 for gold? the frequuncy is good for this? I think that a analog circuit is easier to use when looking for small and fine targets because there are no computers to get in the way.

Yes mine is good for gold but here in Australia there are still places where it struggles with the mineralisation and as I said I do not know how well my machine compares to a standard version. This detector was primarily designed for coin and relic hunting and this is where it performs best I think.

I have recently obtained an old Eagle II SL. This is another machine that is capable of awesome depth in the right conditions, sort of reminds me of a digitalised version of my 6000 DI PRO.