Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the deepest analog with 8" coil or less, non PI?

As far as unmodified, stock detectors and stock coils; the deepest analog detector I ever used was a Teknetics Mark I with the 8 1/2" coil (if that's allowed to count). It was a good couple inches deeper than the stock 7 1/4". This is in discrimination mode. Coupled with a depthmaster audio booster, it did very well. I had two of the Mark I's, both hipmounts. Sold one back around 1987 along with the 8 1/2" coil. Should have kept that coil. I still have the other and the depthmaster. I also have an old 6000 Di Pro HR with both 8" and 10" coils. Never done a head to head with them.

As for preferences, I like the depth and audio ID of the Mark I. The 6000 Di Pro is lighter, has an easier to read meter, good depth and handles heavily mineralized ground better for me.

Rich (Utah)

I would have to say a Discovery Electronics Treasure Baron, modular unit.

With the base board, or with the "Pro Hunter" module installed in the front end, and the "Deep Hunter" module installed in the back end. I have yet to see anything out there today in a VLF detector out perform it for maximum depth. This is a George Payne design he did while being with Discovery.

There still very popular today, and there's a lot of detectorest using them.

Their newest models are exceptional, although digital, microprocessor controlled.