Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the Largest E-Trac Coil Ever Made?

AVXVA

I have a NEL Big 15 x 17" DD Search Coil and I am looking for something BIGGER. (It will easily detect a long-buried 10-inch iron pipe at a measured 5-feet.)

Is there anything bigger??

Thanks!

Yep, the biggest one I know of is the Detect 21x17 SEF coil if you are willing to part with $425 for a coil.
I have a 18x15 SEF I have used a couple times. That is like swinging a garbage can lid.

Yep, the biggest one I know of is the Detect 21x17 SEF coil if you are willing to part with $425 for a coil.
I have a 18x15 SEF I have used a couple times. That is like swinging a garbage can lid.

Yep. I`m not strong enough to swing the Big Nel one-armed, I use both arms for better control.

On the Oak Island series Gary Drayton had a coil on his detector that had to have been close to 24” diameter. I took a screen shot and sent it to jkline, thinking it had to be s Minelab product as I think he is sponsored.

What kind of extra depth will a Detect 21x17 SEF provide over a NEL 15 x 17 DD? Anyone know?

What is everyone`s thinking?

What kind of extra depth will a Detect 21x17 SEF provide over a NEL 15 x 17 DD? Anyone know?

What is everyone`s thinking?
I think it is more about the ground coverage over the depth that most are after.

Hey Elmy! How are you feeling? (I`m hoping that everything is going well and you are feeling strong this spring.)
Going for a CT scan guided biopsy on Friday....so kind of twitchy right now.

Yes, just to add a little more to what Elmy said. The huge coils can be a double edge sword as you really need to know when to use them. If the conditions are right, they can add a little depth and get more targets.
Otherwise, the added area of the coil hitting all that junk just cancels out any depth gains.
One of the benefits I have noticed with them is they hit a few more coins on edge because they can hit them at a different angle.
If the ground is too junky for them, you just end up swinging a heavier coil, getting more tired and jacking up your arms and back for nothing. You really need to control your swing with the huge coils also.
Dave
I think it is more about the ground coverage over the depth that most are after.