Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the min 11"dd ltd2 max dime airtest detection?

detectingMO

5-6"!

9.1 0 sens 12 disc fa/bc f7 4h

Add an inch for 9.0 Add another inch for bp mode.

One super sensitive detector!

I do a lot of air test and you will get comments saying that air test are worthless and they do not carry the depth results in the real world (in the ground) of hunting.
Air test from one person in one part of the world to another in a different part of the would could be a better comparison then my dirt verses your dirt, and is a common medium.
That said,
When I do air test I try to quote my settings and equipment specifics, then to try to keep things even I try to state what I'm calling MAX depth. I usually try to find MAX not by saying 12" (that's just a number) and in the reality of it is that response isn't anything that if I was hunting I would stop and dig, or it may be one that wouldn't even be one I would question. So, for me and doing air test, I use the mode I would be hunting in, I move out with the target from the coil until the point of a decent repeatable response, I try to sweep the target across to the front of the coil at as close as possible as my search swing speed would be.
This way is a little better comparison then between equipment and your dirt my dirt! my detector may get the same depth in your dirt as your detector does, but in my soil it may not, or it may get more, Our air is well, air.

Mark

I was simply just showing tuning it down a low as possible will still hit a 6" dime in air test.

At zero sense and bp i can hit a buried 7" dime.

Air tests are good for learning what objects sound like

Fisher F75 Iowa said:
Air tests are good for learning what objects sound like
Its also good for testing equipment,
if a quarter is hitting low like a Zinc penny (you have a problem)
or a Nickel is actually in the iron range, (you have a problem)
or you can't get out past three inches from the coil with a US quarter no matter what the settings are, (you have a problem)
or your detector doesn't hit on a silver dollar AT ALL in discrimination mode (you have a problem)
you should get good air test depth and expect in most cases to get less in the ground (except iron halo)
And yes! I've seen all the above at one time or another, the no hit silver dollar is actually a pretty common problem.
A detector should ID best in air test, nothing in the ground is going to make it ID better.

This is just to say that your stuff should work correctly doing air test, if it don't then you need to figure out the problem before you go out on a hunt!

But's his distance on the coin with "0" sensitivity is pretty impressive!

Mark

I always take a dime with me detecting. Air tests can tell you if there is silent masking going on. My cz will loose depth if there is emi .....but you cant tell unless you air test it, because it's a quiet machine. With an f-75 you can hear the emi. You can also do an air test when hunting with a partner to see if his unit hinders your units depth from incompatible freq"s.