Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is the smallest gold item you found with E-Trac?

Lubelaczek

Since I started a little talk about Small invisible gold earings here is the real question we should answer:

->> What is the smallest gold item you found? <<-

Regardless Fe-Co numbers but approximate size and depth will be a good hint. This should give us a better idea hat is going on.

Big Fat Zero for me 2 years with the SE and a month with the E-Trac...Im still looking for ANY gold jewlry..I have been digging all the low signals lately trying to find it.....Im starting to think im wasting my time.I can get a piece of can slaw at 8 inches np but couldnt pick up a gold earing (after reading your post) past 1 /12 inch with the 5 inch excelerator..Was inv to my pro coil...I was in all metal..Maybe there is a coil that could help with this?

no gold.. I did find a small silver ring size 2 at 8 inches.. which blew my mind!!

I have found a small gold ring with mine. I don't normally hunt for gold though. I bought the E-Trac for silver. If I want gold, I use my MXT.

A 1862 Princess Head $1.00 Gold coin last March at The Blue & Gray Inventational. These coins are really small. HH...Jesse.

The smallest gold I have found with the ET is a 14k ring that weighed 1.5 grams The other day I dug my smallest silver it was an earring that half the size of a pea funny before I dug it was a 12-46 after opening the hole it sounded like a zinc had MY bud check it with his SE and he thought it sounded like a zinc. I dig most 12-7 and up I dig lower ones also but its never been anything good I am sure there is gold below 12-7 HH RonC

I dug a 12-19 and ended up with a 10k gold class ring (female size 6) at about 2" down. Came in loud and clear. What I have noticed from others and my own testing is that gold rings will almost always be a FE of 12. The CO seems to jump around depending on the size and karat content of gold, though more than likely just the size.

Hello all, I did a little investigation on my Explorer SE this past spring and found that to augment sensitivity to small gold
You need to insure that DEEP option is on
You need also to choose the NOISE CHANNEL, specifically, choose channel 1 to 3, channel #1 beeing the most sensitive to small gold( on my Explorer SE)

Hoping someone can check this out with their Minelab E-Trac

On roman and celtic pendants there is a small tube I call a barrel. It is mounted to the top of a pendant, is used to pass a piece of leather through or a chain, and is about 1/4 inch long and about 1/8th inch in diameter. I found one of these broken off the original pendant in a hunt in the UK last spring. It was about 7 to8 inches in the ground. I found it in a plowed field in an area where I was digging all signals. As I recall the signal a 12 ??. I would have dug it regardless of where I was hunting.

BountyHunter said:
Hello all, I did a little investigation on my Explorer SE this past spring and found that to augment sensitivity to small gold
You need to insure that DEEP option is on
You need also to choose the NOISE CHANNEL, specifically, choose channel 1 to 3, channel #1 beeing the most sensitive to small gold( on my Explorer SE)

Hoping someone can check this out with their Minelab E-Trac

Bounty Hunter can you tell how you came upon this? Do you have some gold that can only be detected by these channels? Please elaborate on your findings.

myself I use the tones and meter on my etrac, I keep my screen wide open except for a small band in quick mask for the smallest iron reject. I ran my explorer the same way.

Thank you,
Neil

Hello!

I have poker chips with 1,2 and 3 grain gold bits on them and have used them to check my Explorers' sensibility or lack thereof ;-)

You can go to FMDF and look at my thread over, title is "Finding small gold with Minelab Explorer SE ".

The write-up was exhaustive ;-)