Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is this?

still looking 52

Found this piece of jewelry yesterday. It has a date on it 1830, not sure if That's the date is was made or what? I do know it is silver.

A Miraculous medal.
They come in aluminum, silver, gold and maybe other metals, and they all have 1830 marked on them.
Great find on the 925!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_Medal

The first one of those you find with Miraculous 1830 date on it tends to get the ole juices flowing. Silver....neat find. HH jim tn

Little brother SL52, has a good ear for that silver, either that or that F5 really likes silver.

Big brother Ron in WV

Catholic Religious Medallion.
1830 commemorates the year of the Miracle that occurred in a church in France

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraculous_Medal

Revier/ Coin rescue: you guys nailed it. Thanks for the info, very interesting find plus it counts as a silver found day. Jim your right about getting the juices flowing, this thing was 5 inches down and when I first saw it, it was laying side ways with the edge showing so my first thought was it was a silver quarter. That's what my f5 showed it to be.

still looking 52 said:
Revier/ Coin rescue: you guys nailed it. Thanks for the info, very interesting find plus it counts as a silver found day. Jim your right about getting the juices flowing, this thing was 5 inches down and when I first saw it, it was laying side ways with the edge showing so my first thought was it was a silver quarter. That's what my f5 showed it to be.

Isn't that just "Miraculous" :detecting:

Good find, the truth being I bit it was on a silver chain and its probably no more than just a few feet away from where you found the Medallion. But! finding the chain with the detector would be like trying to find the smallest grain of sand on the beach.

Mark