Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is your, as of yet unfound, "dream find"?

Was talking with a guy I met about detecting and were discussing what I have found and what would be the find that would really make my socks roll up and down, so I thought I'd put the question to you all. We all have are interests, be it relics, jewelry or coins etc, but what is your dream find, something of significant historical value, or a jewelry item, gold nugget, what? As for myself, I would love to find a personal item, ring, pocket watch and the like, that could be directly related to a "known" civil war officer, and by known I mean one that had prominent mention in the history books. A huge diamond encrusterd gold ring would be sweet too with gold prices like they are, but first on the list is the above.

So how about it, what would be your "dream find"? There are no wrong answers here. :thumbup:
Thanks.
Ken.

Hey Ken. I have a laundry list of things that would curl my socks. Of course anything historical would be awesome. I must be human too and wish to find that diamond encrusted gold ring. Realistically Id like to find silver halves and wholes and any old coins- older the better. HH. Matt

Well lets see, to start I always wanted to detect a Civil War site any thing at all would be great and exciting, I would like to find a gold coin, a colonial copper, any 1700's coin, and any large silver larger than a quarter, and a gold ring at a beach. That will do for starters LOL.

I think that any gold coin, but especially a gold double eagle, would be my ambition. Alhough at this point I am just hoping to dig-up my first seated silver coin this year.

There was a huge coin spill over here during WWII. All the German troops pay was travelling through Trieste by train and was thrown off the train. The coins were (now very rare, especially because they haven't been found yet) zinc 5 and 10 pfennig coins. The only German coins with a hole in them.
Finding these coins would be like finding a treasure chest. I'll post a link, if and once I find more details in the web. Here:
reichskreditkassen

Since you said "Dream find" I've been dreaming of finding a Franklin Half for a year or so...I have these dreams of finding it all the time, and now I try to go back to the dream so I can get the details of where it is ...I've got 4 JFK halfs so far this year...but I dream of that Franklin Half all the time.

honey lets go detecting, instead of shopping ...............:rofl:

Then I wake up .............. I would settle for a 20Dollar Gold coin I guess...

A US Gold Coin,
A silver Dollar,
My first Nice Gold Ring!

I've found a Walking Liberty and a Franklin Half already.

Mark

A couple of somethings (nice jewelry) worth over $1000, would like to get some of my money back on these detectors.

Ron in WV

Gold coin and an old Gun

I've found a peace dollar, several different types of silver halves including a barber, barbers, seateds (two dimes an a mint quarter), and a 3 cent piece. I have found a canadian half dime but want to find an American one. All these a few others were my dream coin at one time or another. Now my two main goals are a shield nickle and of course any gold coin. Dug quite a few v-nickles but the shield nickle seems to elude me thus far. I'd also like to dig another large cent as it's been a few years for that and they are one of my favorite coins.

n/t

-- moved topic --

Old Spanish coin or reale on the beach. HH