Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What is your first stop with your brand new Equinox?

GKMan

So after you get it, swing it around the yard and maybe your test garden where are you heading to and why? What do you hope to find?

I plan on hitting a corn field that has given up a large amount of 1700's and 1800's finds. Including one of my rarest finds. At this point all I can get out of it is square nails. I am hoping the Equinox will work differently enough to help me find another large cent or button..

Don' t go giving away locations.

Medieval market field, its been hammered over the years but the recent ploughing has brought some nice finds back up. I'm leaving it now until I get the Nox, which is a gamble because it will be cropped early March. Hopefully it comes late January as promised.

silure98 said:
Medieval market field, its been hammered over the years but the recent ploughing has brought some nice finds back up. I'm leaving it now until I get the Nox, which is a gamble because it will be cropped early March. Hopefully it comes late January as promised.
So jealous! I was in Colchester UK in the spring and had a blast. God Luck!

I really want to get it out on my ghost town site but its still covered in corn stalks so I will probably take it to my barber and indian park because I have dug so much great stuff there, but like most old places it has a ton of iron signals everywhere.

My hunting buddy and I have a few pocket parks that have been pound but have some iron patches as old homes were there if you slow pick with a small coil a goodie pops out. Also a fee farm fields with old homesites to start.

I have a site that I've hit with:
2 detectors
7 frequencies
5 programs
3 coils
Each of the above was gridded in 2 directions.
Should be pretty well covered, right?
Well, we'll see what the Nox does.

A farmers market that started in 1839 where many Barbers,Mercs and a couple shield nickels have come from. It’s been hunted no less than 20 times by me,and that’s after many times in the last 40-ish years by everyone else. If the EQ can pull targets out of there,it will open my eyes. This site is the biggest chance I feel I have for a gold coin or a trime,2 cent,etc.

The first thing is to get it all fixed up onto my Anderson stem somehow the set up as close to my ET settings as possible then wait for my local beaches to rip.

Taking mine to the "test beach". This Beach has very little trash. You can swing all day and might only get one pull tab!!! Great beach to find coins and rings. The best is the sand is harsh on detectors. This will put the Equinox though it paces. I will be able to found the best settings.

Some well hunted fields and my favorite beach. But lots of revisiting past dirt. Hope springs with each new detector and more so with this one! :detecting:

Over 70 miles of coast line here in San Diego to chose from. I am 6.5 miles from the nearest beach. My main hobby for 2017 was transitioning my lot to drought resistant, low water landscaping and hardscaping. All artificial turf and crushed stone now, so no yard to hunt or test garden for me. Home built in 1960 and did find a few wheat cents while yard and driveway were torn out. Also found a cool piece of petrified wood while tearing out and replacing a retaining wall...my oldest find yet! Did okay for 2017 on limited time but hoping to get out a lot more with the Equinox now that the exterior projects are mostly complete. Clean, low mineralized beaches first and will then move on to more challenging, highly mineralized and trashy beaches depending on results. Will post results and possibly vids but hesitant to post good finds and even general locations these days. I did get a chance to swing a demo unit here in San Diego...very limited area in front of the dealers store and the EMI was bad. However, I did like what I was seeing and rolled the dice. Preorder Equinox 800 fully paid...with gold. Merry Xmas, GL and HH!

I have a little area that every time I go there I just barely pick up old targets just on the edge of detection. Barbers, Indians, squarenails and so on. The signals are always tough and barely there. Hoping this machine will give just a tinybit more depth?

Cornstalks for me also. I prefer my Deus over my CTX there because the Deus is lighter. Cornstalks are more work than lawns or parks. The light weight Equinox should work great there.

Humm ....first stop with my new:minelab: Equinox? On the beach of course... hehe... I live less than a mile from 18 miles of beautiful beach where thousands of tourist have given up many treasures to the beach gods over the years and I plan to :detecting: for every lost treasure out there.

I have a 100+ year old log cabin next door. I have found over 400 coins in this yard over the years. Seriously. The yard is full of iron and trash. Multiple targets in every square foot. Also there is high emf with overhead power lines nearby. The etrac runs about 15 on +3. Its been covered thoroughly with an etrac and deus with multiple coils and rarely produces a coin anymore. Its a true torture test.

Mountain Mike said:
I have a 100+ year old log cabin next door. I have found over 400 coins in this yard over the years. Seriously. The yard is full of iron and trash. Multiple targets in every square foot. Also there is high emf with overhead power lines nearby. The etrac runs about 15 on +3. Its been covered thoroughly with an etrac and deus with multiple coils and rarely produces a coin anymore. Its a true torture test.

That should be a great test! Do you have access to a CTX? If you did and the three “heavy hitters” were outdone by the EQ,that would say something immediately. A CTX with Ferrous line set way low like 30-32 might get some more. Too bad the eTracs is not adjustable,it’s a great tool to have in heavy junk. I say this from others experiences,I try not to hunt junk unless necessary. And next season it’ll become necessary to keep hunting areas of my sites. Please keep us posted with the results when you get the EQ!

This won't be my first stop, since it's back home in PA and I'm living in OK, but just as soon as I get back there, there's an old, old country church I like to hunt. Burned/rebuilt a couple of times during its 200-plus year history, so the yard is full of old square nails. But, it has given up several goodies in years past, and I know there are still several lurking amongst the iron. While I dug a 9" deep Seated dime there, most targets have been in the 5-8" range -- but most often are in very close proximity to iron/nails. I think this will be a SUPERB test for the Equinox -- some deeper targets, along with others at reasonable depth but that are heavily masked by square nails.

Can't wait!!

Steve

Back to GO.

I have an area that I've hunted with most every detector I've owned since the mid-80's. It gives up very few older coins anymore. I revisited there this last year with my new Racer 2 and picked up a few older coins, which greatly impressed me. The Equinox will follow suit and we will see what turns up.

I'm also going to give it the standard run through the parks and get to know how it responds to junk. I hunt a lot of old yards and parks are good prep for them. I'm also very interested to see if bottle caps are in my future. My Etrac, with the 2D Ferrous/Conductive screen, pretty much eliminated bottle caps. I was shocked when I bought my Racer 2 and started finding them again. I've been using Explorer / Etracs for almost all of the last 17 years. Of course there are clues when you run a coil over one, but I'm curious as to how they'll respond.

I also have a hankering to test out the prospecting mode.

Lots to do. Just patiently waiting for my equinox to arrive.

Rich -