Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of depth are we getting with the Nox?

Good to hear Wayfarer. Did it produce the two tones most of the way around the target? I am liking what I have seen and heard reported by you and others regarding separation capabilities

"What I can say, is I was recovering non-ferrous coin-size targets JUST as deep as my CTX"

Was the Equinox in multi frequency or single?

Multi.

I hunted again last night, just trying to get a feel for the machine -- not doing "scientific experiments" yet. But "feel-wise," it's finding targets of all different types to similar depths as my CTX -- and I've been running mostly Park 1, but with the horseshoe button pressed (no disc), reactivity 4, iron bias 4, sensitivity max (and again, I run max sensitivity most times on my CTX also -- so it's an apples to apples comparison to be running the Equinox at max).

Steve

We want test on coins that are natuarally in the ground at depth! No air test and no buried coins.

Bryan V said:
I just got mine today. Unfortunately it came with a fresh 6” of snow!
I’m still going to try and go out to my test garden after it charges to see if it can hit my 6, 8 and 10 inch dimes.
Will report later today what happens in the garden.
My ground is tough so I’m not expecting it to hit the 10” dime with this stock coil.
Takes a NEL Tornado on my E-Trac to get that one.

I have to say I was expecting the Equinox to be a quality built unit but it’s even nicer then I expected..
Just a really nice detector.
Came with 16 different screen protectors and two magnetic charging chords that are pretty neat.
Just great feeling modern machine.

Bryan

Your the reason we can't hunt in Spokane for a couple of weeks.. Good luck with your new toy

MackDog said:
I just got mine today. Unfortunately it came with a fresh 6” of snow!
I’m still going to try and go out to my test garden after it charges to see if it can hit my 6, 8 and 10 inch dimes.
Will report later today what happens in the garden.
My ground is tough so I’m not expecting it to hit the 10” dime with this stock coil.
Takes a NEL Tornado on my E-Trac to get that one.

I have to say I was expecting the Equinox to be a quality built unit but it’s even nicer then I expected..
Just a really nice detector.
Came with 16 different screen protectors and two magnetic charging chords that are pretty neat.
Just great feeling modern machine.

Bryan

Your the reason we can't hunt in Spokane for a couple of weeks.. Good luck with your new toy

Ya sorry about that Joe. I was afraid this might happen. This too shall pass and we’ll be back on to the silver!

Tested on beach mode with a CTX. With gold I had the CTX was no deeper in wet sand than the EQ. But the EQ was not any deeper but costs a lot less. When it came to micro jewelry the EQ kicks butt. The CTX didn't see the diamond ear ring even if you touch the coil. EQ saw this target up to 3' with a repeatable signal in dry sand. Didn't test in wet sand. Wife about killed me for wanting to put in water. I have a ET and Excal to compare if I can get a long enough period to get out.

If it’s a small earring, I respectfully suggest that perhaps the poster meant to type 3” not 3’. A Quarter at 3’ would be remarkable.