Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of depth are we getting with the Nox?

There is a nite hunt video where the poster was hitting 6 inch coins with a pretty loud stable/report(however we didn't see the recoveries). There were deeper ones that weren't recovered. I believe he was using default sensitivity.

I will tell you as soon as mine comes in. I have an Etrac to compare it with. No hype just the facts. Mine should be here by Friday.

Bill_S said:
I will tell you as soon as mine comes in. I have an Etrac to compare it with. No hype just the facts. Mine should be here by Friday.

OMG Bill S. back from the dead? Great to see you again Bill! I guess you are hoping to get some more crusty zincs with the Nox lol

Bill_S said:

I could use some real facts, the hype is horrible.

I just got mine today. Unfortunately it came with a fresh 6” of snow!
I’m still going to try and go out to my test garden after it charges to see if it can hit my 6, 8 and 10 inch dimes.
Will report later today what happens in the garden.
My ground is tough so I’m not expecting it to hit the 10” dime with this stock coil.
Takes a NEL Tornado on my E-Trac to get that one.

I have to say I was expecting the Equinox to be a quality built unit but it’s even nicer then I expected..
Just a really nice detector.
Came with 16 different screen protectors and two magnetic charging chords that are pretty neat.
Just great feeling modern machine.

Bryan

LOL it would figure. All those who got them are either frozen or limited. It's 70 degrees here today in Kansas. When mine comes it will be -10 with 6" of snow.

Just was out with my 800 buried a silver quarter in volleyball sand about 8 inches down ran through all modes testing and i raised my coil on each, on one mode I had it nearly a foot off the sand, cant recall which but i have a small video I will upload after the other one is finished

What settings and program were you in? Factory settings? Park 1, 2??? Ran mine in Park 1, with sense at 20, iron disced out, and got excellent target ID at up to 6". Maybe 20 memorials, 9 wheats, 11 nickels (it is death on nickels), a silver charm bracelet, and 8 or 9 clad dimes and quarters. For whatever reason it would not hit on a silver rosie at 6" on its edge, so I laid it flat and covered it back up, still no hit. But, for whatever reason an ATPro and the CTX with small coil did not hit on it either!! None would hit it at 3" either! Something was jacked up on that!

Thanks.

bigelow said:
Just was out with my 800 buried a silver quarter in volleyball sand about 8 inches down ran through all modes testing and i raised my coil on each, on one mode I had it nearly a foot off the sand, cant recall which but i have a small video I will upload after the other one is finished
I'm gonna guess it was one of the beach modes but I'm curios to see.

Just in from my test garden. It was a real half @%$ test.
Had to shovel off the snow and got lost out there.
Couldn’t find my 10” dime with my E-Trac or Equinox..
6 and 8 inch dimes were no problem.
IDs were bouncy on both detectors with the Equinox up averaging a bit..
My 8” nickel up averaged to a 14-15.. Dimes from 24 to 31.
Again this was not good testing. I have no experience with this thing yet and I was
out in the snow trying to pull this off. No ground ballencing. Just stock settings..

Bryan

I have a CTX 3030. I just got to borrow an equinox 600 and I check my coin garden and the equinox is right there with the 3030 .

Yep, Bill should of been one of the TESTERS for sure. He gives honest opinions and doesn't cherry coat it.... Hadn't seen any of his videos for a month until he announced he was getting one... Can't Wait...

Bryan V said:
Just in from my test garden. It was a real half #%@ test.
Had to shovel off the snow and got lost out there.
Couldn’t find my 10” dime with my E-Trac or Equinox..
6 and 8 inch dimes were no problem.
IDs were bouncy on both detectors with the Equinox up averaging a bit..
My 8” nickel up averaged to a 14-15.. Dimes from 24 to 31.
Again this was not good testing. I have no experience with this thing yet and I was
out in the snow trying to pull this off. No ground ballencing. Just stock settings..

Bryan

Now that’s what I like ..sounds like what I would do if I had mine ...die hard and just can’t wait...thanks for what you could do....we all have some learning to do..

OK guys -- because the question was specifically asked...

Caveat -- what I am about to say is entirely unscientific, but it's something. I have a CTX, just got my 800, and have a test garden with coins buried up to 12" deep. BUT -- I have not tested yet. I will, but -- I've been too excited to hunt it a time or two, such that thus far I have yet to do the "testing" I want to do. BUT -- I do have a bit of info "from the field."

Here's what I will say...in my first, brief hunt, in a park that I know like the back of my hand having hunted it hundreds of times, I ran the 'Nox last night for about 2 1/2 hours. First hour was trying to get used to its personality, language, etc. Second hour, I dove into a very, very trashy part of the park where I have pulled a few keepers in the past, but very little lately. I LOVE this thing, in the trash, but that's another story for another day.

What I can say, is I was recovering non-ferrous coin-size targets JUST as deep as my CTX, if not...dare I say...deeper. I need WAAAAAAAY more time/testing to confirm that, but I can confirm that I dug several 9" to 10" deep non-ferrous coin-sized targets that were NOT hard to find. That's CTX depth, in my dirt. I recovered a 1912 wheat at a measured 8" that was in close proximity to trash, but I heard the high tone down there, and it was NOT subtle. A bold, clear sound. It was sitting flat, so was oriented well, AND I was running max sensitivity (Park 1, but with no disc, reactivity 2, iron bias 4). That target would have sounded similar on the CTX -- maybe even slightly more subtle than it was on the 'Nox. And for comparison, I usually run the CTX maxed-out on sensitivity in this park, as well, so it is an apples-to-apples in that regard.

Like I say FAR from "scientific," but that was a previously missed, in-ground undisturbed target. Depth will NOT be a hindrance, with this unit, by a long shot -- I can say that much for sure.

Steve

sgoss66 said:
OK guys -- because the question was specifically asked...

Caveat -- what I am about to say is entirely unscientific, but it's something. I have a CTX, just got my 800, and have a test garden with coins buried up to 12" deep. BUT -- I have not tested yet. I will, but -- I've been too excited to hunt it a time or two, such that thus far I have yet to do the "testing" I want to do. BUT -- I do have a bit of info "from the field."

Here's what I will say...in my first, brief hunt, in a park that I know like that back of my hand having hunted it hundreds of times, I ran the 'Nox last night for about 2 1/2 hours. First hour was trying to get used to its personality, language, etc. Second hour, I dove into a very, very trashy part of the park where I have pulled a few keepers in the past, but very little lately. I LOVE this thing, in the trash, but that's another story for another day.

What I can say, is I was recovering non-ferrous coin-size targets JUST as deep as my CTX, if not...dare I say...deeper. I need WAAAAAAAY more time/testing to confirm that, but I can confirm that I dug several 9" to 10" deep non-ferrous coin-sized targets that were NOT hard to find. That's CTX depth, in my dirt. I recovered a 1912 wheat at a measured 8" that was in close proximity to trash, but I heard the high tone down there, and it was NOT subtle. A bold, clear sound. It was sitting flat, so was oriented well, AND I was running max sensitivity (Park 1, but with no disc, reactivity 2, iron bias 4). That target would have sounded similar on the CTX -- maybe even slightly more subtle than it was on the 'Nox. And for comparison, I usually run the CTX maxed-out on sensitivity in this park, as well, so it is an apples-to-apples in that regard.

Like I say FAR from "scientific," but that was a previously missed, in-ground undisturbed target. Depth will NOT be a hindrance, with this unit, by a long shot -- I can say that much for sure.

Steve

I like what I'm seeing so far. :clapping: Thanks Steve!!

I waited all day for it to stop snowing so I could take my new Equinox out to my backyard test garden. It finally changed to rain, but kept coming down. Then I remembered the Equinox is waterproof! So I donned my rain parka and spent about a half hour out in my test garden where I have a variety of targets buried now for about 6-8 years or so.

In Park1, 3 recovery speed, 20 sensitivity: Compared to my V3i, MXT, and CTX, the Equinox is every bit as deep. It was hitting my 8" clad dime no trouble, ID's bouncing around maybe 5 numbers, but a solid repeatable very digable tone. On my 6" deep dime 3" away from a 6" deep pulltab, it got the dime every time, AND got the pulltab. You could hear two distinct tones, one for each object. This is something that none of my previous detectors could do, they would just mash the signals together into a jumpy trashy target (my MXT could just barely get the separate tones, but only with the 10x12 SEF and with the swing juuuust right ...), or mask them completely when I had the pulltab disc'd out. This result, while far from scientific, is very exciting. It means that the Equinox is VERY capable separating close targets at depth. More testing to follow tomorrow.