Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of depth can be expected with a Prizm IV ?

nw1886

I've been hunting with the bigger machines and have only had real experience with the 6T in the Prizm series. With Xmas coming up am thinking of getting one of the IV's for a young family member. A friend has one and wants to sell one (that is still in box.) The price makes this a "will buy" and just want to know what to expect. You can read till the cows come home but would appreciate the "real deal" from hands on. I do know the features, slower recovery etc...but was wondering mainly how that coil does in depth and average separation? Appreciate any info folks.

You already know the 6t is the cream of the crop. I had a V and traded for a six. The difference was night and day. The response time on the V was frustrating. Still if I was a youngster and someone gave me a IV, I would love the crap out of it.

Real excited to give this kid a metal detector. (I left my box with him, when I was out of town for a week, and guess he hunted his heart out.)

Paul, The price for the IV is basically a give away so I'll be running with that. I do greatly appreciate the offer though!

I totally agree with you gm. That little ol' 6T smokes and the whole design is cool!

Just wonering about max depth in moderate ground?

I have a Prizm IV with the stock coil and a 4x6 shooter... In my test garden, I have two 7" quarters and a 6" dime....
Mine has no problem hitting all 3 of them with a good signal... The ID locks on one of the quarters, and the dime...
The other quarter bounces between quarter and 50C... I have adjusted my GB to my area, and increased the threshold slightly...

HH, Jeff

That is what I needed. (That is respectable performance and he's gonna love it! ) Appreciate everyone's imput and THANK YOU!

If remember right Goodmore, you had the recovery delay rate set backwards on your V3. The lower the number the faster the recovery. Factory has most programs set at 65 but you can go down to 1, which even set to 40, is so lightning fast that you will not get much depth. A setting of 100 is very slow and used only on the deep silver program.

I took the Prizm IV to a local park today using the 4x6 shooter coil... I found 11 quarters, "like it when that happens",
6 dimes, and 5 pennies... The deepest coin was a dime at a measured 6", good lock and accurate depth indication on
the screen... Most coins were between 1 and 3 inches and in a very trashy environment behind a row of bleachers at
a T-Ball Field..... Not going to take the place of my CZ at old home sites, but the Prizm IV and the DD coil do a great
job at modern trashy sites like today....

HH, Jeff