Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What kind of depth you getting on coins with the Impact?

earthmansurfer

Hey guys,

I'm curious what kind of depth you Impact guys are getting. I'm a coin hunter (in Germany) and my ground has some iron flakes / mineralization in it. The E-Trac/CTX got max 9" or so in my ground, Omega 8000 around 8"+ and the AKA Signum got 10" or so. Just stating that for guys who have used them as well as the impact and to help understand my ground. Deeper coins on the E-Trac and Signum had bouncy VID numbers - I was told that was due to the iron flakes. Forget what readings I got in my ground but it was usually towards the middle or less re mineralization. (e.g. on Omega reading).
I'm detector-less right now and am leaning towards the impact for a variety of reasons. Separation is important, but I really enjoy getting coins at deeper depth, hence my question.

Any ideas what kind of depth I might expect?

Thanks in advance,
EMS

On the hunt for more nazi coins?

Beyonder said:

Nah, I was never on the hunt for them. I even think I mentioned in a few videos how I didn't like finding them. (Except for the big silver one! :crazy:)

My target really, is deep silver. (often dime sized, so depth comparisons with dimes are great, quarters too.)

Some of the videos are showing good coin depth - maybe 10 to 11 inches but I'm concerned that the VDI number reading drops out at about 6". Anyone else have any experience with depth and VDIs?

I have a link on this forum under my post. I hit an Indian at 8" and 9". VDI was jumpy. Coins buried at 7" in my test garden were more stable in modes that have iron in 00-40 range.

Nokta Impact Maiden Voyage

Dug a coin size piece of costume jewelry at 10"+ with a good diggable signal and the TID was jumping 58-60-62. Opened and cleaned the hole out to 8" and was still getting the same reading. Another inch or so of dirt removed and the ID jumped to a solid 88. After another inch or so no ID due to the open hole. Finally had the target at the 10"+ and it gave a reading of 62.

DI3, sensitivity 80, GB 81 with 2 lines showing on the pie chart. In other words decent dirt.

Tom

earthmansurfer said:
Beyonder said:

Nah, I was never on the hunt for them. I even think I mentioned in a few videos how I didn't like finding them. (Except for the big silver one! :crazy:)

My target really, is deep silver. (often dime sized, so depth comparisons with dimes are great, quarters too.)

I know I was being funny

Went over to the old fairgrounds this morning and did manage to hit one deep coin in the same area I was hunting last fall, a zinc penny at 10 1/2". DI3 mode with 5 Khz and sensitivity 90 gave a good repeatable signal. TID bounced between 57 and 62 out of the ground read 59. One nice thing I noticed was that ring pulls bounce over a wide range. After the digging the first one I continued digging those signals and all were ring pulls, some with and some without the beaver tail attached So far I have not dug a coin that bounced that much. The Buffalo nickel I dug the other day was a nice stable 29-30 reading.

Tom

Tom,
Sounds like at least you are getting a TID for deep coins. I was concerned that the TID for deep coins would blank out and you would only have sound to go by. Thanks for the info.
Mike...

So far I have not hit a signal that didn't give a TID. Not saying that isn't possible. Bear in mind I have pretty good soil around here. Max 2 bars on the F75 with most areas showing no or 1 bar.

Thanks for the comments guys. I really appreciate it. Nice to see the depth is what I've heard elsewhere.
And boy am I happy about the target ID not fading out on deeper signals (That drove me nuts on the Deus).

For the money, all things considered (depth, separation, weight/balance, etc.) the Impact seems equal or better than what is available in the upper end.
The machine seems almost too flexible, but I haven't seen drastic differences in the modes (outside of maybe the deeper mode). So, I imagine a few pre programs might be more than enough (just like on the machines I mentioned before.)
I'll still with the 2 lower frequencies as I'm a coin hunter and don't go into too heavy iron.

Looking forward to getting one and making some videos,
EMS

Target ID depth is also adjustable so if you want it bouncy at depth you can set it like that. If you want it rock solid and only on less than 6" you can do that too! I believe the default is set in between the two.

Digger Mike said:
Some of the videos are showing good coin depth - maybe 10 to 11 inches but I'm concerned that the VDI number reading drops out at about 6". Anyone else have any experience with depth and VDIs?

Yes, Yes VDI's do drop out and are all over the place.

thardin88 said:
Digger Mike said:

Yes, Yes VDI's do drop out and are all over the place.

Something is off here. Jackpine Savage said:
Dug a coin size piece of costume jewelry at 10"+ with a good diggable signal and the TID was jumping 58-60-62.

Now, I think we need to look at the soil. My soil isn't that bad, I can get 10" on a coin with VID, depending on the machine, but signals beyond 7" or so would bounce. On the Deus they would cut out.

So, in regards to your comment, can you say anything about the soil?

Thanks,
EM

Ground balanced mid 50s with 2 bars

Some old silvers from 1840 about 20-25 cm with good sound and ID. But I was tested one coin at 20 cm. Copper one. No ID and signal. Other two detectors on the edge. So this is weird. Maybe some ground mineralization issue. Or even this coin material. I'm not sure.