Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what kind of footwear

alvin-xlt

hello all. i started back up into shallow water hunting last summer, decided a wetsuit would be helpful in keeping me warm. im curious what some of you prefer for footwear. i will be useing long handle scoop so i'll be kicking or pushing on the back, any insight or your thoughts will be grately apreciated. thank you and HH

I ordered a pair of kickers at nrsweb.com http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2327
My buddy uses them and likes them alot. Hope it helps you out. I hunt mostly in the surf and shallow water.

went from cheap tennis shoes to close toed sandles.

I bought some chest waders last year and was concerned about ripping the neoprene feet in them so went to the local Marshall's and picked up a pair of Speedo rubber shoes for $10. I guess they're made for the beach. Used them all last season with no problem.
HH, Mac

The type of bottom you're digging in should dictate what style you wear.

Small stones have a way of getting into low boots and will destroy the stocking feet waders and wet suits.

High top neoprene diver's boots are the way to go in this case. (Mine almost come up to my knee!)

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

These are good for just about all conditions, had them almost 3 seasons now...........NRS ATB Feltbottom boots, the best for if you want to do some Kick'en, great in ruff surf, rocky bottoms.

ankle to chest deep. Usually there's good size waves breaking and stirring up sand I have a pair of 8" neoprene dive boots.There zippered and have a good snug fit to keep the small shells and sand out. Also have a hard bottom.With the soft bottom the scoop will tear them up. I think I paid around $75.00 for the ones I have and there still doin good after 5 years.

I just wear an old pair of tennys and an old pair of jeans.

I personally use the NRS cross 4 wetshoe which keep the sand and grit out while keeping the feet warm and safe while digging in the surf.
I like the side zipper and the fact they make a size 15 which fits me perfect. I get about 2 yrs out of a pair and since they are made out of neoprene, same stuff as a wet suite all you need to do is rinse real well in fresh water after a hunt and they will be good to go. The price is right so I keep 2 pair and swap them out each day to make sure I have a dry pair each day. The NRS-Cross-4-Wetshoes are not water proof so while wading your feet do get wet, but do stay warm.:detecting:
41t9ItGyHKL._AA300_.jpg

thanks alot guys. i have plenty of good ideas now. HH Al