Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What machine have you used that you feel is wayyy UNDER-RATED?

Harold said:
I always Heard good things about the X-3. I always wanted to try one. I had a X-5 and it was a pain in the A** to ground balance as could not get the depth people
Claimed? But love the build and balance and one 9 volt.

Wow, thought it was only me not the machine. Had an X5 for about 2 weeks before I sold it. Should have kept the Tejon that I sold it for.

I don't remember Bill Ladd doing much with the Excel but I do know that he had a great deal of input and field testing in the development of the ID-Edge, in fact not to long ago I had his Prototype Edge. When Fisher was done with the developing of the Edge they returned it to Bill for him to keep. I worked out a trade with Bill and he got that unit back.

Under rated?? I'm not to sure about under rated but I can say with some certainty that every unit I've had sense 1981 was more in the range of 'Over Rated' based on market advertising and that covers a wide range of brands. But, except for depth the one detector that impressed me the most would have to be the Teknetics (original company) 9000/B

Mark