Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What MineLab should I get on Price 600 or 800?

Johnnythunders

I am about to buy a Minelab with my Military discount of 15%.
If I buy a MineLab 600 it will Cost around $550 without case(We do need a case with these}So in the end its $600 with No Tax and free shipping.
Now if I go with the 800 it will cost me $806 that's with a decent No name brand case with other freebees.
To me it only makes sense to spend $200 more if I buy the 800 for $806.
I wanted to buy the MineLab 600 for $550 buttttt I know I would need to get a Case for it.
So what do you good folks say should I go with the MineLab800 for $200 more?
Or should I go with the MineLab 600 and Save $200 butttt they will give you a Wireless Headphones with the Minelab 600 till the end of July?
Very confusing in what one to get but leaning towards the MineLab 800 Now........JT

Johnny, In addition right now you can open a credit card (Takes about 10 days to arrive buy the detector with the card) you spend $500.00 dollars in 90 days and receive $200.00 cash back.

JT check out https://bigboyshobbies.net/minelab-equinox-800-series-metal-detector
good deal and all the stuff that you need

Divin I looked at BigBoysHobbies (No tax and free shipping}and you do get a lot of freebees buttttt
when you checkout to pay it ask you do you want to use your Military Discount.
If you click on yes ,you LOSS all the Freebees and only get the detector only.
I think so far the best Place to buy the 800 is at Texhoma in Texas for $806 No Tax Free Shipping and lots of Freebees.
There is a local dealer in my area and I called him up and he has the 800 in stock and wants $949 and he was telling me
if I use the Military 15% that will come off of the MSRP and he says it was cheaper just to buy it at $949 plus tax.I told him Online
they will take 15% off of the $949 and he says, well that's buying online but when you buy from me you will be buying local and that comes with a price.
Seems he wanted to still know when I can come by, guess business is not good for him lol.....JT

Johnnythunders, A Big Welcome to You to the forum here from Georgia. Best of luck to you in your decision on either the Minelab 600 or 800. I don't believe you could go wrong either way.

Welcome the equinox is a unbelievable detector it’s all I use .If you go with the 600 the same exact wireless headphones can be purchased for $59.00 on Amazon they are the exact same ones without the minelab emblem..I have a spare pair because my pair would not charge so I ordered a pair while I was waiting for my replacement pair..
Mark

Attachments

• D3FF04C3-830A-4028-9569-EE7B528B2BA0.png
    D3FF04C3-830A-4028-9569-EE7B528B2BA0.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 124
Welcome the equinox is a unbelievable detector it’s all I use .If you go with the 600 the same exact wireless headphones can be purchased for $59.00 on Amazon they are the exact same ones without the minelab emblem..I have a spare pair because my pair would not charge so I ordered a pair while I was waiting for my replacement pair..
Mark
These are so close to the ML80s, it is spooky, and they also cost what your Sony phones do. The Tronds are way better than the factory ML80s. Jm2c

Personally, I would not even consider whether or not I get a carry case for the detector if that is what you are referring to.
As far as the detectors go, you can’t go wrong with either one…. Just figure out how much you want t spend.
One thing that is not in the freebies is a pin pointer which you will need if you do not have one.
You may want to consider this when making your decision.

Personally, I would not even consider whether or not I get a carry case for the detector if that is what you are referring to.
As far as the detectors go, you can’t go wrong with either one…. Just figure out how much you want t spend.
One thing that is not in the freebies is a pin pointer which you will need if you do not have one.
X2

I am about to buy a Minelab with my Military discount of 15%.
If I buy a MineLab 600 it will Cost around $550 without case(We do need a case with these}So in the end its $600 with No Tax and free shipping.
Now if I go with the 800 it will cost me $806 that's with a decent No name brand case with other freebees.
To me it only makes sense to spend $200 more if I buy the 800 for $806.
I wanted to buy the MineLab 600 for $550 buttttt I know I would need to get a Case for it.
So what do you good folks say should I go with the MineLab800 for $200 more?
Or should I go with the MineLab 600 and Save $200 butttt they will give you a Wireless Headphones with the Minelab 600 till the end of July?
Very confusing in what one to get but leaning towards the MineLab 800 Now........JT
Just decide on the 600 or 800 and purchase yourself a good quality pin pointer, Digger and carry bag. Personally I have Never bought carry bags for my detectors. Just another useless item.
One last thing.... that big shovel pictured may be good hunting in the woods but you use it in a park....say goodbye to your hunting spot. You need to be more aware in parks of what you are “digging” with. I recommend A small lesche or predator digger.

Last edited:
I agree I will need a Pin Pointer (Minelab or Garrett and the cheaper First Texas Brand}And they do come in a Bungle Packages
buttttt there are No savings when buying it together as a package.
Best to buy a pin pointer by itself..Thanks allllll jt

As for Credit Cards I am out of luck
My FICO is 830 and was just turned down for another Citi Bank with $200 Bonus.
My problem for the last 10 - 15 years I get a credit card spend $1000 and get $200 and then I would Cancel the card.
I have had every bank you can think of that gave Hotel Points,Flyer Points and Cash back.
I have Had Dozens of Chase,Capital ones,Citi,Wells Fargo and all the other banks butttt none of them ever made a penny on me
and I have made money on them....
Yes getting a credit card is the wayssss to go....JT

I have used most all pinpointers and have been using the F-Pulse now, going on two years. It really is a deep pointer, deeper than the Carrot. Solid and waterproof. I think the F-Pulse is a winner, and certainly if it can be bought for less than the $127 main line favorites. Fisher did stub their toes a little on the first iteration in the beginning but that has been resolved. Pulse induction rocks!

Should have my MineLab800 on Thursday.
$916 comes with a Gattett Pro-Pointer AT.(price seems fair with 15% Military discount}
I was looking to get a MindLab600 but would need a Case for it where the 800 came with one with other freebees from Texhoma.
I felt another $200 was notttt much to spend since the 800 picks up gold where as the 600 does not do as well with gold.
Hope technology will not change much in the next few years lol....>JT

Options are good. I will always pay more for options.

Good call.

Tech changes, bfd. I'm still swinging a used Etrac-- it's an amazing machine.