Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What - no dimes?? 2 silver that are not dimes :) 144 silver for year

tonym

Hi Gang:

Most times when I am lucky enough to find silver my find will be a dime.

Hunted 4 hours the last couple of days and I was fortunate enough to get a couple of silver. To my surprise, they were both Washington quarters that read as zinc pennies. A 1945 and a 1951. I hope these coins don't ruin my rep as the dime guy :rofl:

Both of these suckers were deep, 9" and 10" . Luckily the soil is very soft which is probably the reason why the coins sink so far here.

Used the 17" coil to get these 2. That coil covers some ground, but you still have to swing slow in this spot due to the depth of the targets.

The 1951 was very stained when I dug it so I tried the baking soda paste cleaning method. It really cleaned and shined up the coin. DO NOT clean any coins of value using this (or most other) method(s).

Also picked out 2 wheats. Brings my totals to 15 silver and 77 wheats for month, 144 silver and 540 wheats for year.

Thanks for reading and good luck everyone !!

awesome! I have not tried the 17" coil yet I may this weekend. Are you running any different settings when you put it on?
Thanks!

dan1942 said:
awesome! I have not tried the 17" coil yet I may this weekend. Are you running any different settings when you put it on?
Thanks!

nothing different Dan. I am using this coil more and more. If the place I am detecting is not super trashy, the big coil goes on. Pinpointing is a breeze too!!

chuckciao said:
Hi Tony,
Great to see that you your Quarter Drought is over!
HH
Chuck

Hi Chuck - not sure if it was a drought :) that was silver quarter 21 and 22 for year. Now I have never found a Barber or Seated quarter yet ...

The new and improved... Quarter man!