Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What one man has done on his stretch of beach

Dancer

Been traveling up and down the beaches looking for a decent area to hunt. (less sanded in) So certainly not great finds but better than most places on the dry, Anyway up comes a nice guy from Mi. says hes been down here on the Gulf since Dec. first. We talked some, he commented on how he pockets all trash he finds to discard later. Like most of us I hope. And I got to tell you that hunting in his area it shows. Oh I found some tabs, bottle caps and such, but far far less than any beach area Ive hunted in years. Even pulled a few coins.

You mean everybody doesn't do that? A detectorist that doesn't carry out all his trash targets is just going to dig them all again at a later date.

You mean everybody doesn't do that? A detectorist that doesn't carry out all his trash targets is just going to dig them all again at a later date.

Well somebody isn't doing it on many beaches I hunt. It isn't rare to find a unfilled hole with a rusty cap laying by it. I'm saying this guy adheres to the metal detecting code.

A CLEAN BEACH HELPS ALL OF US METAL DETECTORISTS!!!
If we spend less time (re) digging tabs and bottle caps we'd be spending more time digging coins and gold jewelry. Let's all help each other, not to mention the planet, and pick up our trash.

BTW Just found this 4" hook with a 12 ft metal leader in 2 ft of water at a very popular beach - the person who didn't step on that hook because I picked it us owes me big time. And that person could have been a fellow metal detectorist...Just saying. Pick up your trash.
Four Inch hook w 12 ft wire leader 2020.jpg

Call me overly cautious but after seeing all the broken beer bottle glass, rusty nails from wooden pallets burned on beaches and a bunch of other items that could do some damage to bare feet, I don't go bare foot anymore when I'm on vacation. I always wear sandals! It dosen't spoil my metal detecting or enjoying the beach with family and friends though. Yes, I pick up trash when I see it as well. A lot of beaches now have big plastic garbage cans making it easier to get rid of it quickly.

A CLEAN BEACH HELPS ALL OF US METAL DETECTORISTS!!!
If we spend less time (re) digging tabs and bottle caps we'd be spending more time digging coins and gold jewelry. Let's all help each other, not to mention the planet, and pick up our trash.

BTW Just found this 4" hook with a 12 ft metal leader in 2 ft of water at a very popular beach - the person who didn't step on that hook because I picked it us owes me big time. And that person could have been a fellow metal detectorist...Just saying. Pick up your trash.
View attachment 1993

Wow. That could ruin the day for anyone. Like others I would hate to see a child with that thing stuck in him.

So true , I usually fill up my pouch or mesh beg in a hurry and not with coins and jewelry. I remember stepping on a broken beer bottle as a kid on a fresh water beach. Trip to the ER for stitches.
A lot of people dont fill their holes on ocean beaches but they should. An unsuspecting person could easily twist or even break an ankle. Thanks for the reminder !!