Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What Program Should I Use For Large / DeepTargets ?

E-Trac-Ohio

Well ... this is a true story.
A friend of mine from work bought a 1940's era house about a year ago.
He bought the house from the owner's family after the man passed away.
Since living there - several neighbors and a good friend of the old owner - said that it was a fact that that the man - "buried a lot of money all over the yard ... for many years ".

So would the Deus - Relic program be the best program to use for finding something along the lines of buried Coffee Cans or maybe Mason Jars of coins or cash ?
Do you have any other program or setting suggestions that would help me hit a larger / deep ( probably arms length ) target with my 9" coil ?

Thanks & Good Hunting !

I would try 4 khz . silencer @ -1 , reactivity @ 0 and experiment with running GB 1 or 2 points above or below balanced to find the deepest penetration. Max volume response. Slow sweep speed , disc under 5.
Then I would go to treasureclassifeds and buy a used WOT 15" coil for that etrac and go get the goodies

If your recovery is at 0 you can swing really fast and if you don't you may miss targets

One of the largest Saxon coin hoard ever found in the UK at christmas time was found at a depth approaching 24'' with the Deus running Basic1 with the 9'' coil,of course that was not just a single coin but over 5000 coins in a container,it is well documented so just proves that you dont need any special progs or bigger coils to find deep/large targets as you have mentioned.

And many folks witnessed the find and the exact Deus combination,value could well be a 7 figure amount,so i would have thought that if your location has jars or the such like dotted around the land then the Deus has a pretty good chance of locating them.

Frequency 4 or 8
TX power 3
GB Set manual 2 above the units read of the ground
Sens 90,92
Reactivity 1
Silencer 1
Disc 8
Iron volume 3-4
Audio response 5
If too chatty reduce GB to the ground read of the machine and or go back to 2 on TX power, reduce Sens

Understand that the way a Deus works is different. Reducing the discrimination to 0 or very low under 8 isn't helping with depth. When you reduce discrimination to very low numbers you lose the functionality of the horse shoe. If you don't want to hear iron you can reduce the iron volume to 0. But in this case where you may be looking for a coffee can leave the iron volume up.

General relic and coin hunting in the USA
Sensitivity 90-93 never below 85
Frequency 12
TX Power 2 or 3 if things stay stable
Disc 8
Silencer 1
Reactivity 1-2
Ground Balance Manual start at 90 and keep an eye on it. Shoot for 2 above unit reading
Iron Volume 2-3
Audio Reasponce 5
Notch 9-35 and 97-99
Ground Notch 70-90

Audio breaks and tones are personal preference.....I set mine as 4 tone. This makes the first tone from 0-8 automatically because my discrimination is set to 8. If my Iron Volume were set to 0 then I wouldn't hear the first tone at all and I then would have a 3 tone machine. I leave my iron volume at 2-3 so that I CAN hear the iron. It's a big help to Know when you're coming into an area of past activity.

You should be watching your swing speed as it relates to the Reactivity setting you have set.
Low reactivity setting is good for deep seeking and higher setting is better in the trash.

You need a test garden. If you don't know what your unit is telling you how can you hunt your best.

I notice I also get better depth with the Silencer at 1, anyone know why? Most say or think the lower the silencer the better the depth.

all metal ? on a box of paint tubes in air i get 5 feet in all metal mode