Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What really helps those who can't get out to hunt

Elmy

Been laid up since December 10th...covid......cancer.....all the tests !!!!!! and the treatments !!!!!!!!!!
Changed my life totally.....now a balding, white haired man with half the strength I used to have in December.
Since I haven't been able to detect , I want to see the coins coming out of the ground that others are finding.
Doesn't matter if it is a buffalo nickel or a handful of wheat cents.....I would love to be able to get out right now and dig
a few of these coins....I am crazy about the etrac and anyone using the etrac to find coins....Please post them ! Or post in
your own detector forum. Give the laid up detectorists an uplift and something to look forward to.
Sure has been a long time since I have swung the etrac....would be nice to see if it is still getting a few coins.
I am really missing this hobby !!!!!

E L M Y

Been laid up since December 10th...covid......cancer.....all the tests !!!!!! and the treatments !!!!!!!!!!
Changed my life totally.....now a balding, white haired man with half the strength I used to have in December.
Since I haven't been able to detect , I want to see the coins coming out of the ground that others are finding.
Doesn't matter if it is a buffalo nickel or a handful of wheat cents.....I would love to be able to get out right now and dig
a few of these coins....I am crazy about the etrac and anyone using the etrac to find coins....Please post them ! Or post in
your own detector forum. Give the laid up detectorists an uplift and something to look forward to.
Sure has been a long time since I have swung the etrac....would be nice to see if it is still getting a few coins.

E L M Y

Sorry Elmy, to hear about your ILLNESSES & not being able to go Detecting for now! But my prayers go out for you & others who need God's healing & renewed strength to SWING & DIG for hidden coins & relics! I know how difficult it is as to not go out detecting as I have crippling diseases that prevent me from enjoying my once detecting HOBBY! Sure miss IT & still do! May God Bless you With Quick HEALINGS & in His Spiritual Power renew your Strength To DO HIS WILL & enjoy MD'ing, again! I always enjoy reading your forum posts! Love ya in Jesus' name! Amen! Ma

You are out here, you know that. Little tidbits of wisdom passed on to both the experienced and the inexperienced are now whats helps those posting the photos.
I think we should start a new forum heading, “random wisdoms of Elmy”.

Sorry hear of your health issues…. I also like viewing finds made by others even though I can get out to detect.
I really like it when a newbie posts an old coin or other nice find…. Brings back memories of when I first stated about 15 years ago.
I hope your health improves and you can get back to swinging and making great finds!

Nauti,
Go ahead and post! Anything anybody posts is a new wrinkle in my gray matter. I sometimes scratch my head at the civil war bullet guys as (even as an avid reloader) those lead bullets all look alike sometimes. But the history behind them can be fascinating. You folks in the UK are way older and have so much more history to share.

E L M Y
Elmy
Truly Sorry to hear of your condition.
I do know the feeling.
Just getting back on my feet myself.
Another 18 months off my feet.
Covids too. Added another 4 months.
Haven't been out in 2 yrs now.
Over 5 yrs down an out in last 9 yrs.
So far this year I believe I have maybe 30 minutes in on 5 short pokarounds. Just to weak.
But I'm trying.
I have found a big help.
Protein powder. 60 grams in my coffee every morning. Finally gaining some muscle.
Praying all gets better for you.
Hope to see some special finds from you this summer.

Elmy
Truly Sorry to hear of your condition.
I do know the feeling.
Just getting back on my feet myself.
Another 18 months off my feet.
Covids too. Added another 4 months.
Haven't been out in 2 yrs now.
Over 5 yrs down an out in last 9 yrs.
So far this year I believe I have maybe 30 minutes in on 5 short pokarounds. Just to weak.
But I'm trying.
I have found a big help.
Protein powder. 60 grams in my coffee every morning. Finally gaining some muscle.
Praying all gets better for you.
Hope to see some special finds from you this summer.
That is another special post and picker upper for me...thanks for the protein tip....
I love this hobby and try to help all I can....just need to put the coil to the soil !
If I get out , you will see my coins....not holding them a secret on any fresh finds anymore.
Let "em Hunt my spots .....if they can find them from my posts...good for them.

Last edited:
Prayers sent for a full recovery. I was vaxxed, boosted and still infected January of this year. The covid was not serious, just mild cold symptoms, but the long term effect are working on this old man. I have managed to get a few short hunts in but nothing like years prior.
Here is the only coin I found this year but it is a good one.

Attachments

• 20220212_144055.jpg
    20220212_144055.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220212_144222.jpg
    20220212_144222.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 57
Like to put a smile on your face but I guess the gold caps are the best I can do from afar! :):)
Gold triple crown was found this past week; I imagine a wader was hit from behind by a large breaker and spit-out the gold crown!!!
The second, double gold crown, was found earlier this year and is post-cremation; darken from the cremation. To match the double crown here is also a pic of a cremation tag. o_O

Gold crowns.jpg
Cap burnt reduced.jpg
Palm State Cremation tagg.jpg

Prayers for Elmy! I'm kinda in the same boat. The consensus with me is probably going the have some of my colon removed. No digging for me anytime soon. This site really helps.

Like to put a smile on your face but I guess the gold caps are the best I can do from afar! :):)
Gold triple crown was found this past week; I imagine a wader was hit from behind by a large breaker and spit-out the gold crown!!!
The second, double gold crown, was found earlier this year and is post-cremation; darken from the cremation. To match the double crown here is also a pic of a cremation tag. o_O

View attachment 24630View attachment 24632View attachment 24631

Wow >>>>>>> eerie find for me ! But it is still gold ! You know I hate finding real human teeth in a farmed field .... must have gotten them knocked out or pulled them and threw them out with the trash.

Thanks...
Prayers for Elmy! I'm kinda in the same boat. The consensus with me is probably going the have some of my colon removed. No digging for me anytime soon. This site really helps.
Oh NO....Prayers for Rick W. also.... There is way too much of this cancer stuff popping up out of nowhere...all different cancers and all different areas of the human body.
FOLKS.... POST THOSE FINDS .....even if you can't get a gold coin....your finds bring back memories...no matter how insignificant you think they are....we have all been there and want to re-live those days again soon as possible, if only with a post from you.

Prayers sent for a full recovery. I was vaxxed, boosted and still infected January of this year. The covid was not serious, just mild cold symptoms, but the long term effect are working on this old man. I have managed to get a few short hunts in but nothing like years prior.
Here is the only coin I found this year but it is a good one.
One coin find and it is a 3 cent silver ! AMAZING FIND....I am feeling better already !

Wow >>>>>>> eerie find for me ! But it is still gold ! You know I hate finding real human teeth in a farmed field .... must have gotten them knocked out or pulled them and threw them out with the trash.

Thanks...

Oh NO....Prayers for Rick W. also.... There is way too much of this cancer stuff popping up out of nowhere...all different cancers and all different areas of the human body.
FOLKS.... POST THOSE FINDS .....even if you can't get a gold coin....your finds bring back memories...no matter how insignificant you think they are....we have all been there and want to re-live those days again soon as possible, if only with a post from you.
Amen!