Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What should I do for beach detection

I went to a very crowded beach for a metal detector and did it for five days! But only a few silver rings, where is the gold? Lifeguard tells me, should go to water ability to have gold inside, I do not have waterproof earphone, but I have waterproof extension cord, I am in water level the position of bosom metal detects, restore however very difficult, should dive ability have gold? I'm at a loss who can help me

Sometimes finding gold is a matter of timing. None today ...... yet tomorrow there it is. Water movement, amount of sand, no. of people in the water, and people hunting .... are a few of the factors not to mention gold may not be reachable that day. Silver rings and some others tend to move better because they are lighter ...... everything will sink to its equal weight. i dont believe diving will get you any more if you are outside of the zone where people might loose gold. I put in a lot of hours .... to find what i find and am amazed at those who find a crazy amount of gold each year. I dont know your beach so i cant tell you WHERE to hunt...... but id guess there is less trash to treasure in the water. Takes time to learn a beach and what/how conditions change which makes it productive..... or not.

dewcon4414 said:
Sometimes finding gold is a matter of timing. None today ...... yet tomorrow there it is. Water movement, amount of sand, no. of people in the water, and people hunting .... are a few of the factors not to mention gold may not be reachable that day. Silver rings and some others tend to move better because they are lighter ...... everything will sink to its equal weight. i dont believe diving will get you any more if you are outside of the zone where people might loose gold. I put in a lot of hours .... to find what i find and am amazed at those who find a crazy amount of gold each year. I dont know your beach so i cant tell you WHERE to hunt...... but id guess there is less trash to treasure in the water. Takes time to learn a beach and what/how conditions change which makes it productive..... or not.
I don't know why. I heard that every year someone carries out a metal detection and takes about 30,000 dollars of gold with him. I have searched all the wet sand and left nothing behind

The gold is deeper. It is heavy and sinks. Simple as that. Silver is much lighter. You can not show up at a beach and impose your will. You need to wait for help from the ocean God. Sand movement is key. Reading a beach is knowing where the low spots are and knowing when things have changed.

I hear a lot of STORIES of people finding thousands of dollars worth of gold each year........ my guess,they are using appraised value not what they got or melt value. One guy i know said he found $65,000 worth of gold one year. But i hunt here too..... nuff said there. We have the same conditions right now..... we have had Red Tide for the past 8 mos ..... and now its winter season..... few and fewer people in the water. So like Good said..... you have to wait and look for movement....... or hunt shallow/wet sand/ or dry sand. Everyday things change if there is enough movement. It cant be about getting rich........its a hobby that you make a LITTLE cash at and find some nice collectable pieces to show off or give away to family and friends. If you make it a business......are you willing to work for min. wage?

JASON CHINA said:
I don't know why. I heard that every year someone carries out a metal detection and takes about 30,000 dollars of gold with him. I have searched all the wet sand and left nothing behind

And of course, what you don't hear are the many other other stories just like yours...

dewcon4414 said:
I hear a lot of STORIES of people finding thousands of dollars worth of gold each year........ my guess,they are using appraised value not what they got or melt value. One guy i know said he found $65,000 worth of gold one year. But i hunt here too..... nuff said there. We have the same conditions right now..... we have had Red Tide for the past 8 mos ..... and now its winter season..... few and fewer people in the water. So like Good said..... you have to wait and look for movement....... or hunt shallow/wet sand/ or dry sand. Everyday things change if there is enough movement. It cant be about getting rich........its a hobby that you make a LITTLE cash at and find some nice collectable pieces to show off or give away to family and friends. If you make it a business......are you willing to work for min. wage?
I think it is the beach I searched that the waves are too big, the sand accelerates the sinking of gold, and the amplitude of the beach is relatively tilted, even after the ebb tide, the distance of the sea retreat is only 10 meters, the sand stays wet for a long time even if there are relics will be immediately found by others, so I estimate that this is the main reason for some! And I once went to a metal detection of people often go to the beach, at that time just after the typhoon, I at the edge of the wet sand and dry sand, the same location (less than 1 m distance) search out five golden rings, sometimes seems to be well prepared to get good grades, different times, have different results, like a test

JASON CHINA said:
I went to a very crowded beach for a metal detector and did it for five days! But only a few silver rings, where is the gold? Lifeguard tells me, should go to water ability to have gold inside, I do not have waterproof earphone, but I have waterproof extension cord, I am in water level the position of bosom metal detects, restore however very difficult, should dive ability have gold? I'm at a loss who can help me

In 2017 I found 1,730 coins and 6 gold items in 243 hrs (mostly watyer hunting). During that time I found for an average of 1 gold/288 coins or one piece of gold every 40.5 hrs of hunting (CTX 3030 on west coast Florida).
In 2018, I found 2,520 coins and 13 gold pieces in 289 hrs. That comes to 194 coins/gold and about 22.2 hrs of hunting/gold piece.
So chose your metric, coins/gold or hrs/gold, but either way it takes time, and knowledge.
So, the bottom line is that it takes time, even for a Veteran MDer who knows where to look, but perseverance does pay off, eventually. But enjoy the ride.
PS Where there is silver there is gold!

Clive James Clynick and Gary Drayton have written dozens of beach hunting books. Google them and look through their websites. You will figure out which books are best for you, HH.

Jeff

Jeff Harris said:
Clive James Clynick and Gary Drayton have written dozens of beach hunting books. Google them and look through their websites. You will figure out which books are best for you, HH.

Jeff
It seems that this is a lot of knowledge, just like my study period