Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What single frequency would you choose, to hunt for cu-pro-nickle $1 ?

???? huh ???? what do you want to hunt for? The modern $1 presidential coins? Those are big and modern, any frequency will work.

Hi Jason!

Yep, a modern dollar, (or equivalent disk)....of roughly 26 mm diam. and 2 mm thick.....the type whose alloy is in the 70% copper-30% nickel class.

What and why, would be your choice of SINGLE frequency (Equinox 600/800) for any such a metallic-disk, ( your best estimation) ....assuming you want the optimum depth proficiency.....Matt

metalpopper said:
Hi Jason!

Yep, a modern dollar, (or equivalent disk)....of roughly 26 mm diam. and 2 mm thick.....the type whose alloy is in the 70% copper-30% nickel class.

What and why, would be your choice of SINGLE frequency (Equinox 600/800) for any such a metallic-disk, ( your best estimation) ....assuming you want the optimum depth proficiency.....Matt

Max depth? You want 5kz. Those are going to be high conductors, so the lowest frequency would give you the best depth.

Unless you have a lot of EMI..... then you will need to use a bit higher freq. They way they brag about the multi thou..... id try it first. What you described basically is a LARGE clad dime so depth should be very good.

dewcon4414 said:
Unless you have a lot of EMI..... then you will need to use a bit higher freq. They way they brag about the multi thou..... id try it first. What you described basically is a LARGE clad dime so depth should be very good.

Yep, the testers determined that multi-freq was superior to any single freq. I dont think they planned on it being better than them in all situations

I tried single frequencies this weekend in an area where I've been finding a lot of wheat pennies and a few silver coins and my mom actually found a 1740 half penny so I thought a lower frequency would clean house. I used 5 kilohertz and was really bummed about its tendency to pick up Rusty bottle caps and they read 30 to 31 with a really nice signal. I turned it back to multi and did just fine.

Read somewhere that in multi its running around 7.5 khz...... where as the FBS run in the low 3 khz on high conductors. On low conductors it seems to run around the 14 khz range to me. So i dont think you are going to get crazy depth out of the Nox on coins....... but the speed may well separate much better and produce more coins so it may well balance out depending on the site.

Good call dewcon and thanks for the info!