Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What the heck did I find?? 1rst lady felt chemical co can

Goldmanjace

It is a small jar/can that can be folded open. it is about 1 inch wide and 3/4 inch thick. It readys First Lady Felt Chemical Co Inc Salt Lake Los Angeles.

It was deep but what is/was it??

DSC02696.jpg

My guess is "First Lady " is the product name,and Felt Chemical Co. is the manufacturer.
I'd wager it's a cold cream or makeup container; probably from the first quarter of the 20th century.
Might be a medical salve also, but they usually say something like Dr.Dinklemeister's celebrated rash and toothache remover.

I think I may have something. It was a product for women that wanted to curb "Undesirable Hair Growth" The product may have been called Superfulo which was based on "superfluous" hair growth

http://www.archive.org/stream/reliefsocietymag07reli#page/n473/mode/2up

It may date to around 1920

Yeah,it could be an early version of NAIR.
I

It is possible, but the word Felt could I guess be seen as "Hair"?? It does not say anything about Superfulo on the can though. You would think it would have the product name on it. Was First Lady also a certain type of product? Nice reseach thought, thanks. Very impressive!

There was another Felt Chemical Co. in Massachusetts which may be worth checking out. But considering that these were the only two and the one I mentioned previously was in Salt Lake made it a more likely candidate.

I hope you do. I was going through my old stuff a while back and found a "3 Merry Widows" tin that I dug up in the late 80's or early 90's. Now that we have the Internet, I was able to Google it and find out that it was a condom tin from the late 19th to early 20th century... So.. maybe in twenty years you will have your answer too.

Killmerg said:
I hope you do. I was going through my old stuff a while back and found a "3 Merry Widows" tin that I dug up in the late 80's or early 90's. Now that we have the Internet, I was able to Google it and find out that it was a condom tin from the late 19th to early 20th century... So.. maybe in twenty years you will have your answer too.
These old product names are something !!
3 Merry Widows , now you know what made 'em merry !
And maybe "First Lady" means...well, you know ...

I found a mention of your First lady product from the felt chemical co. in a 1921 magazine called "The Utah Payroll Builder" October 1921, Volume VIII, Number 10. It is on Page 22. It lists D.C. Chemical Co., First Lady Toilet Preparations. They are listed under the category of Drugs. I hope this helps. http://books.google.com/books?id=YTsfAQAAMAAJ&pg=RA4-PA22&lpg=RA4-PA22&dq=%22First+Lady%22++%22Felt+Chemical%22&source=bl&ots=_K5INE3c0u&sig=o1yFoeFCcl1fNZCZGoCIS4QFFcw&hl=en&ei=S9G8TsqNH7Tq2wWTiIHKBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&sqi=2&ved=0CCwQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=%22First%20Lady%22%20%20%22Felt%20Chemical%22&f=false