Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

what to get: v3i or vx3 need advice

FortuneFinder73

Hello every one, its time for me to step up from the mxt, here is my situation I want the v3i but might settle for the vx3 depending on the answers. I hunt primarily in East Tn except for the occasional trip to the beach and I basically hunt everything some days I'm in the woods relic hunting and other days I'm at an old home site or a park which again means I might be in a high trash area some days and just waiting to hear any sound other days. My main question is if I primarily run factory programs like HI PRO or C&J without any major tweaks are the machines going to be identical? and one other concern is the coil selection for the vx3, how do you think the concentric does on the V3i or Vx3, because if I get a VX3 and then have to get a DD coil I might as well have got the the V3i? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

The concentric and DD coils will work the same as with any other detector. It depends on the soil you hunt in not whether it is a VX3 or V3i.

No they will not be the same, being able to change tones are one example or use the analyze modes. Unless cost is an issue, I (ME) see no reason to get the VX3. If you don't use the extra features that the V3i has, the V3i is just as easy to operate. The Vx3 is an excellent detector and will do well in MOST situations. For me I want all the options including the rechargeable batteries and DD coil.

You will hear all types of options but only you can decide what you need. I would not chose a detector on what I read without first trying them.[attachment 225452 ani_einstein.gif]

Get the V3i. The money difference is not a real difference when you do a comparison of what you get with the V3i compared to the VX3. It gets steeper with the wireless HPs.

V3i all the way. :twodetecting::whites::thumbup:

Long term, the V3i is a better buy IMHO. You can make the V3i run like a VX3 but you can't make a VX3 run like a V3i. If your ground is very mineralized, the D2 coil will be the better choice. The 950 and 12" work best in mild ground and at the beach.

Thanks for the advice, I was leaning in that direction to because if Im going to spend that much money for a detector, whats another couple of hundred dollars to have the peace of mind knowing I have a machine that can be a v3i and a vx3 if I want it to be, instead of a vx3 than can only be a vx3.

My opinion shouldn't matter much as I have only had my V3i for a few weeks but I am 100% sure that I would not have been nearly as happy with a Vx3 as I am with my V3i. My local MD shop loaned me a Vx3 for a weekend before I made my decision and, after that weekend, I would not have bought a Vx3 after having tried a V3i. I am not an expert on this machine at all, so please take my opinion at face value, but with what I know, I would definitely get the V3i if I were you. Good luck in your decision. HH -Marc

What I would give to have a dealer that would let me test drive one of these machines. For me I have to drive 50 miles to find a dealer & then they only have the VX3. So unti lI move I guess im stuck with the MXT.

The 950 is my coil of choice in my ground on the vx3. The reason I chose it over the V3I is simply why pay for extra features you don't need or want.And I'd rather be out hunting than learning any day of the week.

If they were both about the same depth I would go with the vx3 & put the difference toward other coils? Maybe Larry has had the chance to use both & can inform the forum as to depth comparison between the vx3 & the v3i

Although I can set my V3i as a VX3, I have not done that. The depth is close though on the two depending on the ground that you are hunting in, the knowledge of the user and the coil that you are using. As far as depth is concerned, the biggest difference is the VX3 is operating in Correlate mode, and while the V3i can do Correlate, many of us use Best Data which some people claim a small depth advantage in their ground. The V3i also has a wider selection of ground filters which again may give the user another advantage. For the purest, I would have to say the V3i will get a little deeper, but depth should not be your main concern when picking out a detector.

I know depth is not everything but it is hard to put out the cash for either one & not be able to have seen it in action. For now I will stick with my MXT & maybe some day I will be able to see a v3 in action.