Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What upsets your CTX more....EMI,”bad ground” or junk?

Bad ground. I can handle EMI (with the exception of a certain kind of electric fence) but bad ground drives my machine bonkers.

For me it's EMI...and I live in bad ground country.

There's a couple of choice spots that just kill me with EMI.
I don't know if it's vehicle ignitions, cell phone towers, neon lighting, or whatever...but every detector I own has problems there.

Certain performance cars and motorcycles can drive by and the ignition noise puts the machine over the edge...I'll have to wait until they drive down the road to continue detecting.

EMI. There are some places with HV power lines, underground transmission lines or transformers that just wont let me get anywhere near them without a constant barage of chatter. And then there are places you wouldnt expect to get within a 1000 feet of (like relay sub-stations) where I can detect the curbs right outside them.

Could be any of those depending on the site. From a personal standpoint, falsing from iron junk gets on my nerves more than the other two.

mrwilburino said:
Could be any of those depending on the site. From a personal standpoint, falsing from iron junk gets on my nerves more than the other two.

Agreed Mr. W. The time it takes to make sure that the false isn’t just a deep squeaker can be pretty irritating to say the least. In iron I like to sweep short so a good target has a better chance of showing itself by the repetition,but that’s not foolproof either. Let’s face it....IRON SUCKS!:)

EMI and junk not a problem now bad ground (FROZEN ROCK HARD GROUND) :rage::rage::rage:is a problem as you can see the other two are not a problem till you get rid of the major problem .Now if that problem go's away then it would be EMI . sube

sube said:
EMI and junk not a problem now bad ground (FROZEN ROCK HARD GROUND) :rage::rage::rage:is a problem as you can see the other two are not a problem till you get rid of the major problem .Now if that problem go's away then it would be EMI . sube

LOL, sube. :) My ground here is just the opposite of frozen. Bone dry and hard as a rock. We haven't had hardly any snow/rain for months...
I think I'll trade in my digger for a rock hammer. :nopity:

:)
mike