Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What will the new coils & V4 upgrade buy me?

El

I mainly relic and salt water beach hunt with some park hunts thrown in, in California's Central Coast Section.

I consider myself a non techno and have had a lot of help setting up my Deus by my friend Paul.

So my question is, for the type of hunting I do, what will the V4 upgrade do for me if I chose the new round coil over the elliptical or the elliptical over the round or what happens if I just stay with my 9" and 11" coils.

Thanks,

El

The way I see it the new coils are going to be higher frequencies geared
more for the gold field hunters.In the pictures you see the HF marked on the coils.
I think the new 4.0 version will have a couple new benefits but as far as coils
you better hang on to that 9" and 11"coil you have in your possesion. JMHO!!!
silverseeker 2

I think I am going to wait awhile before I make decision on the upgrades and get some info feed back from fellow users on this web site.hopefully it will all be good.

I think the new 2.5 Reactivity and better iron identification will be a nice improvement, depending on how well the iron identification works of course.

I thought the new elliptical coil with a higher frequency might help in tot lots but I'll wait for proof before I spend that money.

Hi El.

Personally I think that the new update will add a lot of worthwhile features. I probably won't be buying either of the coils and can't afford a new pinpointer right now but I think there's going to be plenty of good things for the Relic Hunter in V4.

Some of the things that I'm looking forward to are as follows.

1) 2.5 reactivity. I think that this might be a great compromise between speed and the ability to hunt in moderately contaminated ground while keeping very good depth. If you get into lots of iron and need more speed move it to reactivity 3 or more, but 2.5 will be nice for general use.

2) Two new programs including a deep program. I think the XP engineers probably did their best to optimize V4 settings to get us hitting deep in non contaminated ground with this program. I'm looking forward to trying it.

3) The standard XY screen. I think this is going to be great. I was never a big fan of the horseshoe so I think the development of the XY screen will give us a great heads up.

4) The ability to link a phone might be great if it's done right. Will the phone be able to display what the remote does, but in colour? Or even allow changes to settings? I hope so and am excited to see.

5) Updates to make processor run faster and smoother. Sounds great to me!

6) Improved ground tracking. This might help us in those sites where ground conditions change quickly.

Check out this video to see more of what V4 brings.

https://youtu.be/doMoPurhzKM

Im looking forward to it hopefully you'll find something in it that interests you. Otherwise V3.2 is still great.

Take care.

Kev

As others have stated, i have no interest in the new coils but i can see how some will benefit. My main interest is in the xy screen and how it will be laid out for hunting applications. Will it be in addition to the tdi screen? Or will it be a full screen with other info added? Dunno, have to wait and see.

Does anyone know if the multi TID screen is still available in V4?

Hello El,

The V4 has nice features we can use for our type of hunting, XY display improvements may be beneficial for those relic sites. I like the improved Gold field mode, prospecting modes are opening up old Relic sites for me with my VLF and it looks like XP is listening with the added Gold field features. Looks like it'll be a major improvement for nugget hunters as well, higher khz coil with much better stability in hot ground.

Very excited with whats coming :thumbup:
Paul

The elliptical for sure, pinpointer as well. That may be all i get, auctally thats already a chunk of change for these :)

We'll get together and retrain ourselves with the new updates, see you in the spring El :)

Paul

Not sure what option you are referring to but nothing was removed from V3.2 going to V4.0 . . .

Andy

There seems to be a lot of rumors flying about this feature . . . there is NO control of the Deus via a Smartphone. It will link up to an app on the phone - Go Detect - that allows you to use the GPS capabilities of your phone to log find locations, track your search route and a few other innovative additions. It is not an open arcetecure so there are no other Apps that will work or can be written for the Deus. There is a Go-Detect option on the menu and that is how you tell the Deus to use it.

Hope this clarifies what many are hoping it will do

Andy

Andy is he saying his programs get removed when upgrading? I've had lots of calls of folks asking about this lol.. anyhow hope all is well brother give me a call we need to go dig I got a new site you need to get your ass up here..