Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What will the new coils & V4 upgrade buy me?

vancemetaldetecting.com said:
Andy is he saying his programs get removed when upgrading? I've had lots of calls of folks asking about this lol.. .

All user loaded (non factory) programs get erased, so people need to write their program info down before doing it........

Jim

The X-Y screen is now an option that replaces the main screen (horseshoe screen) and has zoom options as well so you do not need a magnifying class for deeper targets.

If you are someone that used the X-Y screen on V3.2, you will find the new option much easier to access and much easier to read the information it provides.

Let me know if this answers your question

Andy Sabisch

I'm referring to the Multi TID Screen as discussed in your book on pages 44 and 45.

As Homer Simpson would say . . . . . DOOOH!

[attachment 341497 homer-dooh.jpg]

I had not checked before but just did and on V4.0 that we are testing, the "ADVANCED" screen is no longer an option - the X-Y SCREEN is an option that replaces the horse shoe if desired but the Multi TID screen is not an option any longer.

Good question and something I had not looked at before

Andy

I'll miss the TID screen; I used it often. I sure with the update would get released soon.

I hope the new 9" coil will better for waterhunting. Better sensitivity open earrings, chains, etc.

Andy what do you think the V4.0 and new HF coil combo can be used for saltwater conditions?

The V4.0 update will not have any bearing on salt water beach operation . . . . it will have the same limitations as the V3.2 does; i.e., you need to drop sensitivity and alter your searech pattern to avoid teh chatter from black sand and salt water . . . unless you are in an area like Florida where there is no black sand.

The HF coils will be hot on small gold but with higher frequencies, you will get more feedback from the black sand / salt combination.

It will work and will be a killer in the dry sand / damp sand areas but it will not be a Minelab / Fisher CZ in terms of performance in the wet salt regions.

Andy

Thank you the info Andy!

I hunt freshwater usually. I see sea rarely, but always fun i was there. Very different like freshwater hunting, and much harder.
Lot of lake here with hard mineralized gravel bottom or hard clay mixed with vulcanic soil-mud.
The new HF coil will be better finding in open earrings, gold chains? You made any test in this theme?

Andy Sabisch said:
The V4.0 update will not have any bearing on salt water beach operation . . .
Andy

I am loving this new x/y option it's great, I think a lot more folks will use it now..

Problem is the same as with the one on V3.2, see what happens in trashy areas . . . multiple targets give you a trace that indicates trash. And without the horsehoe (ferrous / non-ferrous & depth) it makes deciding on digging harder.

People do like the X-Y screen which is why XP kept it but it does not work for all areas (target concentration dependent)

Andy

That's where the Multi TID screen came in handy. I hope you're not saying they got rid of the Horseshoe screen; are you? I used the XY screen all day Friday at an old home place and did very well. I found that even in the trashy areas, you still get a hint of a diagonal line most of the time; but not always. But if you listen for the tones, you won't go wrong. I'm sold on the XP Deus as I've compared it to all my other detectors, and it wins hands-down. My other detectors spend most of their time at home, in the vehicle or in one of my friends hands these days. I can't wait for V4.