Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's happened to Whites?

REVIER said:
So far Tesoro, Kellyco and Whites all opted out of sponsoring forums.
Times they are a changing.
Well tesoro is going out of business, I've heard kellyco is being bought out and whites is not making anything that makes me want to buy ...

yep...and all we are waiting on is the new banner Kellyco owners want displayed ..........it should be up soon..

All Florida Locations have been Closed

D&P-OR said:
Is Kellyco going to be relocated by the new owners (TN)?-----Or will they remain at the same location in FL?
FYI, Kellyco is still a sponsor, Kellyco was recently sold and the banner expired during the transition so it had to be renewed through the new owners.

You ought to give the MX-7 a try as it is very comfortable, nicely balanced, and ... in my opinion ... it is the best all-purpose performer in White's current offerings. I have been dealing with [size=small](aka suffering from)[/size] a terrible bad back and other body parts since '88, and getting around with a cane since early '93. I have been adjusting my Detector Outfit for the past several months to thin out some moderate to heavier models and fill in with some lighter-weight units. But they also need to be performers and the MX-7 definitely will.

I seldom work large, open-areas with sparse targets so that means the standard 950 and other bigger-size search coils rarely get used. Besides, most of the smaller to medium-side coils provide better than expected depth and performance, and since the vast majority of the places I hunt are very trashy, especially with nails and other iron, I favor the 6½" Concentric most of the time on my MX-7, and if shallow water hunting a river or lake beach I use the open-frame 7" Double-D.

I feel you pain .... but not with the MX-7.:detecting:

Monte

I have just put the clock back 18 years and purchased a Whites XLT.

Having had plenty of machines over the years this purchase has given me a chance to put the clock back.

It was a brilliant machine in its day.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

When whites failed to do some minor tweaking on the TDI PRO they left money on the table and this is about the time the death spiral began.

doc holiday232 said:
When whites failed to do some minor tweaking on the TDI PRO they left money on the table and this is about the time the death spiral began.

They need to tighten their quality control and listen to their users. The competition has become fierce and mistakes can be very costly if not dealt with promptly. Personally I'm wishing them all the best. They made and still make great detectors.

White's Spectra V3i is still in the lead. My opinion. How many can scan simultaneous three khz? I realize I may be bias because I own the V3i. I have two others I am considering purchasing. Neither one does anything the V3i does not do. Technology is driving the other competition out of business. Realistically, the V3i is still in the lead. At least not taking back seat to any other. When I see one that is superior to any significant degree I am sure I will add it to my collection. I appreciate any, and all comments.

Thanks!

#1Leatherneck

All locations??? Kellyco just had one location.
u2robert said:
All Florida Locations have been Closed

Is Kellyco going to be relocated by the new owners (TN)?-----Or will they remain at the same location in FL?
FYI, Kellyco is still a sponsor, Kellyco was recently sold and the banner expired during the transition so it had to be renewed through the new owners.

I sold my V3i after 9 years of ownership. I had an original "Vision" and had it updated to V3i shortly after. Sure, I still use a DFX with BigFoot coil for clad stabbing and recent jewelry drops. Just about anywhere else the Nox 800 and Anfibio have made the V3i obsolete for me. IMHO.

Tom Slick said:
I sold my V3i after 9 years of ownership. I had an original "Vision" and had it updated to V3i shortly after. Sure, I still use a DFX with BigFoot coil for clad stabbing and recent jewelry drops. Just about anywhere else the Nox 800 and Anfibio have made the V3i obsolete for me. IMHO.
Tom after 9 years you probably had a very good understanding of the V3i? The Nox 800, and the Anfibio are the two that I would put in an even race with the V3i. The Nox perhaps, ahead by the fact that it has 40khz? The Anfibio I was putting the Multi even until I noticed it does not do scanning simultaneous? Those are the three leaders right now? ? ? Isn't it amazing that the V3i is still among the leaders? I hope some day I will understand the capabilities of the V31. My wife wants the Equinox 800, and with its' updates, and the fact it is so light I am sure she will get it. Thanks for your post.

With those going out of business most will be attributed to the fact technology is moving fast. V3i had the technology several years ago!

#1Leatherneck

No one has suggested Whites is going out of business... Certainly not anyone at Finds Treasure Forum's.

Clarification : Whites has decided to no longer be a SPONSOR. That said our owner ( Guvner) has allowed a lot of the Whites posts to remain on Main Comparison Forum for all of our Whites users members. This forum is sponsor generated... Your Whites detector posts are welcome on Main Comparison Forum..

New owners shut down the showroom and all sales are now through the website, they will also help customers place order over the phones, they have a business office north of Orlando but it is not a walk in showroom.

treasure_hunter said:
New owners shut down the showroom and all sales are now through the website, they will also help customers place order over the phones, they have a business office north of Orlando but it is not a walk in showroom.

Smart moves on their part . Cut the fat , adapt , survive and prosper . Thanks for the update treasure_hunter .

#1Leatherneck said:
White's Spectra V3i is still in the lead. My opinion. How many can scan simultaneous three khz? I realize I may be bias because I own the V3i. I have two others I am considering purchasing. Neither one does anything the V3i does not do. Technology is driving the other competition out of business. Realistically, the V3i is still in the lead. At least not taking back seat to any other. When I see one that is superior to any significant degree I am sure I will add it to my collection. I appreciate any, and all comments.

Thanks!

#1Leatherneck
Can I come hunt your spots with my Ctx and Equinox 800 please! You would be shocked..p.s.i had a v3i and it almost met a tree at high speed...my buddies followed in my exact path with Minelab machines popping silver like candy,as soon as I made the switch I generally out hunt them by a wide margin

Since the thread concerns Whites, I will say my MX5 is the most fun/friendly user/informative machine I've ever used. Bring your super machines down to south Texas and enjoy the iron ore rocks!