Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats in a name?

Ronstar

I see different avatar names and just wonder what yours means or why you picked that as a name.

As a county deputy I felt it was my job to know as much about my county as humanly possible. I made a cheat sheet for the guys on place names in the county just so if a call came in from a backwoods locale no one had to spend time trying to find where to go. This consisted of every creek name, ridge/butte/knob or mountain, road names if not commonly known, etc.
At one point someone put up a sign in dispatch that said, “who needs Onstar when we have Ronstar”. Thus my avatar!

I see different avatar names and just wonder what yours means or why you picked that as a name.

As a county deputy I felt it was my job to know as much about my county as humanly possible. I made a cheat sheet for the guys on place names in the county just so if a call came in from a backwoods locale no one had to spend time trying to find where to go. This consisted of every creek name, ridge/butte/knob or mountain, road names if not commonly known, etc.
At one point someone put up a sign in dispatch that said, “who needs Onstar when we have Ronstar”. Thus my avatar!

Great story on your user name!

Way back in the early 1980’s when I first became aware the Internet I had just reconnected with some buddies from my active duty days and needed a way to communicate on line.

SeaBeeRon was born!

I thought about this hobby of metal detecting and asked, "how can I sum this up in a user name?" Well, we have this whole Earth to look for treasure. What we find and where we find it is truly "potluck" .... so the name earthlypotluck was born or you can call me by my name, Jim.

Interesting, thought we would get a few more takers

Mine is pretty much self explanatory. My name is George and i live in SC. Did not figure i wanted to be know as an old bubblehead (nickname for a submariner) or old Ph&^%.

Well thats eerily coincidental..... I am Ronald J as well but of the Jr status. Maybe we need to start a ronaldj society???? Lol

Well thats eerily coincidental..... I am Ronald J as well but of the Jr status. Maybe we need to start a ronaldj society???? Lol

I am a RonaldD, maybe I could be on a lesser portion of this society?!? :):cool:

6 out of 7 letters, your a shoe in!!!!

During the early days of surveying territories a young surveyor made an error resulting in the Honeybee war. Militias from Iowa and Missouri were lined up to fight over the disputed territory when cool heads prevailed. The disputed area was called Lapland, so now you know where I live and detect. Still looking for that honey tree LOL
Laplander,
HH Jeff

Being a student of the War of Northern Aggression, and being from the South, I became Confederate. Pronounced Confetrit'. If anyone has ever watched the old news reels of Confederate Veterans, they pronounced the word Confetrit'. Most Southerner's spell out words as they sound, thus Confetrit' was born. Lol

Not to redirect but...... hoping to get back to Iowa next summer. My Dad grew up around Rockford and the old farm is still in the family. Hoping to swing the detector around the farm and hoping to pluck any coin dated 1920 to 1936 of which he might have actually held. Just a fantasy I suppose. Any other areas around there that you know I could spend time? Thx

I'm Steve O because my name is Steve and my last name starts with an O. A few friends use to call me SteveO, some called me other things. :punch:
One of these days I may put a pic in place of the purple S.

Us RJ’s are known to be crafty.......

Okie transplanted from Ark. Most of my distant kin came from GA.,Alabama and Ark. Most fought for the Gray inc.
John Bell Hood:mad: Did have one in the Blue, George Maledon, who went on to become Judge Parker's hangmen.
Held world record for a time hanged 6 simultaneously!!🤠