Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Whats next ?

cz6aBill

Well fellas i been huntin in the factory presets and havin pretty good luck with it in this mode. Have been using the digital screen( these numbers are all new to me). So what doya think should i go to the advance ? If so dose anyone have any good programs i could try. I really like not hearing all the iron ( had enought of that with the Fisher ) WHATS NEXT ?

I'd wait for Bryce to respond......

the smartfind screen...because if you have been using the digital numbers then you have not been in the factory presets.

Step # 2 would be for you to leave it in the factory presets with only one change. That 1 change would be for you to set the iron mask at -22 on the SE....or -6 on the EX2)...while leaving everything else in the factory presets.

Step #3 would be for you to get at least 5 more hunts on it before making any changes at all to any settings other than what I mentioned.

Just my personal opinion as well as advice.:)

To add to Bryce's suggestions.... find an EXPERIENCED hunter in your area using your equipment. That always shortens the learning curve for any detector... not to mention making the trips a little more enjoyable. Digital screens are hard to get away from ... but i think the smartscreen has a big edge over not only the explorer but any manchine using a digital screen. Flipping to learn the numbers is fine to check targets..... but you tend to waste more time looking than digging. Start concentrating on what the tones are especially when you first get out there ... before your brain gets overloaded. With the gain factory set at 8 you should hear those weaker repeatable targets... if you arent then work some less trashy areas at first and work slow and low. They dont like space between the coil and ground or the golf swing. This isnt a race to see who covers more park... i think you will be surprised what you might find in a smaller area that you have concentrated on. Sounds like you are having fun with it... great.

Dew

The only change I made from factory settings, is I set my gain at 10 because my hearing is horrible. And I have dwelled into the realm of Iron Mask "22" on my last two hunts. Still a lot to learn.

I also use the Smart Screen only and do not use the digital numbers.

I use tones and dig anything in the white area of the screen. I also set my Iron Mask at -6 on the II when I had it and now -22 on the SE Pro.

I use Auto Sensitivity at 28 if stable.

Good luck!!!!!!!

Listen to your "Yoda of Explorers", Bryce. I think you will find the Smartfind screen will give you much more valuable information than the Co,Fe numbers IMHO. With the Smartscreen you can observe the action of the cursor and that combined with the audio will often indicate a very deep target that many would pass on if you were only reading the numbers. IM at -6 will knock out most of the small iron yet will still let you hear the silver hiding amongst the nasties. You can learn to read the numbers equally well, as many do, but for me, the Smartfind screen tells me so much more in less time, often at a glance. I wouldn't worry about programs, (patterns) until you get a better understanding of what the Explorer is telling you, give that some time yet. The next step I would suggest is adjusting the audio response to what sounds best for you. I found Bryce's suggestions in the Explorer Handbook and elsewhere "right on" for me with the SE Pro........:thumbup: and I think the settings should be similar for the EXll. Good luck.

Bryce-IL said:
the smartfind screen...because if you have been using the digital numbers then you have not been in the factory presets.

Step # 2 would be for you to leave it in the factory presets with only one change. That 1 change would be for you to set the iron mask at -22 on the SE....or -6 on the EX2)...while leaving everything else in the factory presets.

Step #3 would be for you to get at least 5 more hunts on it before making any changes at all to any settings other than what I mentioned.

Just my personal opinion as well as advice.:)
Thanks Bryce i will try what you suggest. Im haven a blast with this machine theres just so many buttons its kind of overwelming. Thanks again Bill

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Like i told Bryce so many buttons its kind of overwelming. Thanks again to everyone :)