Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's The Deepest Coin You Have Dug With Your Deus ?

E-Trac-Ohio

Just wanted to ask .... what's the deepest coin you have dug with your Deus ?

With the 9" Coil ?

With the 11" Coil ?

What settings are you using to get maximum depth ?

Here in the AZ desert, the first 6" is pretty easy digging, after that, it is hammer and chisel time. I have used many detectors and coins at 6 " is the norm. The Deus hits coins and smaller targets with ease at 6".

I normally run factory programs, with a few tweaks, depending on the site.

Last year I dug an 11" Wheat using the 11" coil in 4 khz and Reactivity 1 - just a few minutes later out came a 10" Wheat not far from the first coin

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,2054669,2054669#msg-2054669

Recently before the ground dried up I was hitting 9 and 10" coins (Memorials), and on the same hunt pulled a 10" pulltab....while using 4 khz and Reactivity 2.

In both instances the 9" plus coins were found in very moist ground, when it's dry like it is now those deepies are tougher to find, let alone get to! We've had a wet Spring this year, which helps contrast conductive targets against the dirt/mud better IMO.

Praying for a bunch of rain at the moment - we had some last night but not enough to moisten the ground for deep targets!

got a realy good signal but ot was deep and iffy. Indian one way and nickel the other way

this plug was deep my whole propointer and 1/2 of my raptor digger got a lil spill

got a nice V nickel and Indian
cc12cfd14cfc1091c76d2f30a0ea7983.jpg

17b765dc77591a60a2f9a38be87a2e39.jpg

got a realy good signal but ot was deep and iffy. Indian one way and nickel the other way

this plug was deep my whole propointer and 1/2 of my raptor digger got a lil spill

got a nice V nickel and Indian
cc12cfd14cfc1091c76d2f30a0ea7983.jpg

17b765dc77591a60a2f9a38be87a2e39.jpg

11 inch coil bout 13 to 14 inches deep

I never really worry about how deep coins are,with the massive array of coins around the world and also made of various different metals,what one person would call deep another may struggle to get the same depth.Also what settings works for one person does not mean it will work for others either.

Me personally i use just a 9'' coil in the UK,so our coinage can vary not only by say size but also say silver content as well,the deepest coin by far that i have found and i wont mention a depth because i dont like mentioning depths as detecting is not all about depth as such,the coin that i did find was a 1797 George111 Cartwheel penny at a pretty amazing depth but this is just because its a big coin and i mean very big and weighs 1 ounce infact a Cartwheel 2 pence is even bigger.So its not your everyday coin find but it still would come under the heading of deepest coin as it was legal tender.

One thing i do find frustrating is when someone starts a forum post like this asking what others have found and the setting etc but they dont start of with how deep they have found a coin and also the settings that they use,they expect other to provide information but dont seem to kick it off with any information themselves.

The bigger the coin the deeper the detector would go,so that is a big advantage for a start,also the ground conditions,in the UK our soil is pretty good,so what settings work for me certainly would not work for say someone in Culpeper Virginia as i understand that ground is pretty bad.

Just my personal input on this subject.

I've dug 2 wheats at 11", nickels at 10". Using 12khz reactvity 1 silencer -1, tracking GB. 11" coil,,,,

Coil - 9 inch
Deepest coin to date - Earlier this year I dug an Indian at greater than 10 inch depth in one of our Farm field sites. There was no VDI number and just barely some black showing on the conductive side of the horse shoe. Sounded good and since we had found so many nice old coins it made sense to dig it.

Just last week using the 9" coil, I dug a 1 real at a minimum of 9 inches. Used 4 kHz, Sens around 86, Reactivity at 1, Silencer -1. Set GB about 3 below actual.

I didn't post my deepest coin because I've only had my Deus for a short time and I've been running in Basic 1 till now.
I tried a deeper program the the dealer I got my machine from told me about for the first time yesterday.
Hit a Wheat Cent at 8" - maybe a hair deeper.

I was detecting in a local park yesterday and got a really deep signal, just a sliver on the horseshoe and no vdi. I decided to go for it and ended up pulling out an old bullet! I use a Lesche digger and 32" Lesche shovel. I put the shovel in the hole and the top of the hole was just about half way up the handle, so about 15"-17"! And using the 9" coil it sounded loud and clear! I couldn't believe it! I was using High Performance Coin program from Andy's book with just a couple tweeks, amazing! HH