Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's up with the Outlaw?

It's all but disappeared from this forum. I thought it would be the hot topic for many months to come.

Mine will be here this week. I will try to post some reviews but I have to agree it has not really been a hot topic lately. Maybe cause it was released during the ctx launch but that still does not make sense cause u could buy 4 of these..lol. You really cant beat the 3 coil package at that price. Its going to be a back-up for me till i find a newer model Golden Umax.

I don't think there's too many out there yet. It's by far the most versatile / powerful metal detector I own, and the best value. It's with me on every hunt.

Hi Shenandoah, and yeah, your thoughts I think may be shared by many of us. I have a notion much of the "mumm" could be because of all the interference happening now all over with floods, fires,wind, rain, drought(hard ground) etc. bad crap going on all over that it has many/most folks shut down and not able to get out. Could be too that those getting the opportunity to swing those Outlaws are just having such a great time and are waiting for some really good finds to jaw about before they "write home". Lol, we all know how that sometimes takes awhile.! I bet my first thoughts are more likely the reason. Lots of really sad things been going on all over and that sure puts the lid on things. I believe we will be hearing some good stuff before long. HH, Charlie

I'm loving mine the more I use it.

I used mine last night at a park for about 2 hrs and found;

8 pennies
4 nickels
3 quarters
1/4" high religious medallion
costume ring (thought it was my first gold)
costume silver cross pendant
costume necklace with faux stone
silver bracelet that says 'Mother' on it... unfortunately not sterling

and lots of pull tabs and bottle caps. :pulltab:

It seems to love the nickels. I hardly found any with my Minelab Xterra 305 but the Outlaw seems to sniff them out.

Now if I could only train it to sniff out real gold! :)

fowlercharles said:
Hi Shenandoah, and yeah, your thoughts I think may be shared by many of us. I have a notion much of the "mumm" could be because of all the interference happening now all over with floods, fires,wind, rain, drought(hard ground) etc. bad crap going on all over that it has many/most folks shut down and not able to get out. Could be too that those getting the opportunity to swing those Outlaws are just having such a great time and are waiting for some really good finds to jaw about before they "write home". Lol, we all know how that sometimes takes awhile.! I bet my first thoughts are more likely the reason. Lots of really sad things been going on all over and that sure puts the lid on things. I believe we will be hearing some good stuff before long. HH, Charlie

Hi Charlie - you're right about the weather being a part of limiting hunting. Here in NJ the lack of rain has really sidelined me for at least a month. My second hunt with the Outlaw brought me over 20 coins and junk ring, third hunt a 14K gold ring. Those where in a very small park with swings. The larger parks with the dry soil are off limits till we get more rain.

Great call on the weather and its probably the real factor. As for 53silver..aka MIKE...if it was not for you oustanding reviews on the Outlaw and patience you took to do your video's I would not be a proud owner here in a few days. I love my old Sabre II..was my first detector which I sold to upgrade while back but now since I have the machine i use prmarily i wanted to go back to a Tesoro. I did not want to spend time dealing with buying coils..etc and TEsoro delevered. Mike your vid's are just outstanding and I really wanted a Golden but just could not find one used so knowing that my Outlaw coils will work on the Golden im still in the hunt for now but cant wait to try it out.

Thanks for starting this thread and maybe we can start showing others how great this machine really is!!

HH,
AFMIKE

I was in the SHADE a week ago and almost suffered from heat exhaustion. The sounds coming through my headphones from my Compadre sounded like a car horn and I thought it was gonna have to be sent in. Turned out it was me and every sound heard was like through a large box. Thankfullly, got cooled off in time.

Glad your ok Slingshot this heat can sneek right up on ya, Charlie is right this heat has slowed many down like me, I'm a diabetic and the heat is terrible to do anything in, but I'm sure some good reports will start popping up about the outlaw, HH hank

Yeah the heat's probably got something to do with it. Here in Virginia I don't even touch a detector from June to October, then I hunt as much as I can. Being a relic hunter, ticks and chiggers keep me out of the woods until then.

Just read a review article today during my lunch.
Sounds like a nice little detector and with 3 coils to boot.
Triple digit temp is keeping me in. Can't wait to get rain. Then interest might go up when I get out and about.

I was ready to buy it and then with all the delays I had second thoughts and now I'm not sure what I'm gonna buy. It's still one of the detectors I'm considering.

I think there are a lot of people like me that have only recently ordered the unit.
I'd like to give a quick shout-out and thanks to mjcz5853 (youtube handle). His video set on the Outlaw helped me pull the trigger on buying this detector.

Can't wait for it to arrive.

Mike5358 is the same guy on this forum :)

Yep I got one on order if it ever gets here. Nothing but a glorafied Bandito but probably will have more depth I hope. Had a Cibola and a Vaquero but had some older heads left so ordered an Outlaw. shortribs

Mikes vid sure helped me pull the plug just cant beat the price on a 3 coil machine. Mine will arrive on Monday and will make sure I give my review.

53 Silver said:
My second hunt with the Outlaw brought me over 20 coins and junk ring, third hunt a 14K gold ring.

I own and use Tesoro detectors. I have a Vaquero and a Silver uMax.
Not to start trouble, but I am not seeing any outstanding results from the Outlaw that could not be obtained from either of my two Tesoros.
There is no cutting edge or breakthrough technology to separate the Outlaw from any of the other Tesoro line.
One person who has handled one described it as a Cibola with three coils, which is a plus I guess if you go in for frequent coil changes.
If I added a third Tesoro to my arsenal, its would be a Tejon because it has features that separate it from the two machines I now have.

I'm thinking of maybe selling my Vaquero and getting an Outlaw. With the three coils, I'd have a detector for all situations!