Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's your favorite Setup for deep relic hunting in good soil, open woods

jtalley007

I just got another 3030 after about 2 years without one and today on my maiden voyage was not getting the depth I used to get with my old one.

I hunt with the screen open except for the tiny line at the bottom building off the beach program. 35 ferrous tones, manual sensitivity 25-27 or a little hot but usable, deep on, fast off, started with gain at 20 but may need to crank that up too, Found 5 bullets in a pounded spot but about 9" was it with crappy signal on that. My old one nailed 13-14 " bullets in the same place years ago.
I will read the manual and Andys book before venturing out again.

After using a 2 pound Deus, a 5 pounder pooped me out, LOL and only 2 hours

I have a friend that tested the same target and his was loud and clear with a stable ID while mine was jumpy. We did not do a side by side comparison so I don't know what was different or if the machine was tuned differently out of the factory.

Nothing about noise cancel being run or set. It that just assumed? It could account for this under some circumstances, could it not? I know this is a pretty basic factor, but it can be overlooked as ground balancing often is.