Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

What's your preferred tone response in high trash or high iron?

TrpnBils

I always use minimal or no discrimination and have always used smooth audio, BUT I happened to notice something I had missed in Andy's book yesterday. Now I'm rethinking my strategy in high trash and high iron locations. Paraphrasing here, the book says:

Normal: There is no real modulation done to the audio signal, and in areas with multiple targets in close proximity this option can cause good targets to be inadvertently missed
Long: Applies modulation to the audio signal and almost blends signals together audibly when there are several signals close to one another
Smooth: Offers the least amount of information in areas where targets are close together. In general, this is the least used option among the choices provided.

I'm choosing to leave Pitch Hold out of this thread for one reason...I hunt a lot of old home sites that are loaded with nails. I have tried pitch hold on a few occasions and it picks up the falses so badly that it would be a nightmare trying to chase down every high pitch tone.

Among the three other choices, it seems like there are no good choices in high target density areas, but it definitely seems like the one I've been using is clearly the worst. What do you guys use in these situations?

Normal if you use long prepare for some ear bashing same as pitch hold . These were meant for clean ground few targets .

Prove it to yourself put one target down sounds okay now put several targets down that long and pitch hold will change between targets one after another it will be a short tone anyway and not long like one target on the ground.

In trashy areas normal is best for me don't need modulation I have a screen to tell me what's there.

Do yourself a favor disc out 31 to 35 line this well get rid of half those signals ( nails )

As for loosing depth I see no difference by adding that little disc you might not get that 31.45 hit but your ears and brain well thank you .Also being in open screen your going to miss targets because of all the NOISE .

Try it let me know how it goes. sube

In iron laden sites I like the standard Relic mode (smooth audio) and instead of 35 tone ferrous, try 4 tone ferrous. The audio is a lot less busy and mid-high conductors still stand out among the low pitched nail hits.