Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wheat Fest

undrpar

went back to the school today and found 13 wheats and a ballantine beer token.

Attachments

• IMG_2734.jpeg
    IMG_2734.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 76
As long as you are finding wheats, keep trying…. I definitely believe there is silver there…
There comes a time though, when one must consider time spent finding those last few pieces of silver. I'm still recovering wheats, about a dozen or so, from a spot that has given up 1 silver dime in the last 5 hunts. And, that Merc. was on edge, a small high tone on the 900. About 20 hours hunting time for that single dime. Of course, I have nothing better to do and most of my other spots aren't any better, but time spent to achieve success is a factor. HH jim tn

As long as you are finding wheats, keep trying…. I definitely believe there is silver there…. Good luck!!🤞🤞
Me too! Don’t give up on this place.

There comes a time though, when one must consider time spent finding those last few pieces of silver. I'm still recovering wheats, about a dozen or so, from a spot that has given up 1 silver dime in the last 5 hunts. And, that Merc. was on edge, a small high tone on the 900. About 20 hours hunting time for that single dime. Of course, I have nothing better to do and most of my other spots aren't any better, but time spent to achieve success is a factor. HH jim tn
Definitely agree.I only go to that spot for an hour or 2 after work because it’s right down the rd from me.

There’s another school near me that i started doing and found a large cent in about 15 minutes of detecting but then the cops showed up.The officer was cool and said he detects too but i would have to leave since one of the neighbors called it in.he couldn’t believe i found the large cent there.I think he wants the spot to himself lol

The officer was cool and said he detects too but i would have to leave since one of the neighbors called it in.he couldn’t believe i found the large cent there.I think he wants the spot to himself lol
I get it, but I don't get it. Not the officer part, but because one of the neighbors called that someone was detecting the school. No laws against detecting, but a phone call from a neighbor gets a officer response and you are asked to stop. That part I don't get! Why not tell the neighbor not to call as there is no ordinance against detecting city property???? HH jim tn

I get it, but I don't get it. Not the officer part, but because one of the neighbors called that someone was detecting the school. No laws against detecting, but a phone call from a neighbor gets an officer response and you are asked to stop. That part I don't get! Why not tell the neighbor not to call as there is no ordinance against detecting city property???? HH jim tn
yeah i don’t get it either.But didn’t wanna make a big deal out of it.

Good point JIm, and we all have our limit of how long we can stand going back over and over to the same site.
It just seems there should be some silver there to make a go of it.
Being relatively new to the hobby, I have only heard of the days of people finding loads of silver coins.
For me one or two silver coins is a good day and they are not often.
But if I get on a site that gives up lots of wheats or even newer coins, I tend to stick with it until I am not finding much of anything, but will still go back from time to time.
Many of the silver coins left now are not going to be great signals or they would be gone by now.
Still at this school yard, I would certainly think something is left with that many wheats being found.

Definitely agree.I only go to that spot for an hour or 2 after work because it’s right down the rd from me.
That is a good idea to hit it for a short amount of time and since it is close by too, not much is lost if you do not find silver, but I still find it hard to believe it is all gone.

Everything you say fwcrawford is spot on. There are so many factors that can dictate success or lack of, that all we can do is keep trying and maybe a silver pops up from swinging at the right angle, moisture content is right, un-masked a "iffy," or we got the coil sweet spot over that small, deep piece of silver. Swing on, brothers. HH jim tn

I get it, but I don't get it. Not the officer part, but because one of the neighbors called that someone was detecting the school. No laws against detecting, but a phone call from a neighbor gets a officer response and you are asked to stop. That part I don't get! Why not tell the neighbor not to call as there is no ordinance against detecting city property???? HH jim tn
I was on a school yard once and was hemmed in by 2 cop cars. Wanted ID and was told
'Dont ever come back here again !!!! ' ..... Never did.

Some little old lady,looking out her front window, had nothing to do but call the cops !!!!

Once someone SEE's you digging, they think what the hell you are doing. If you were never seen, no one would have known I was even there.

Better to leave quietly.

HH
Donna(NJ)

And then the next generation of new detectors comes out and more good coins are found, vicious cycle. Waiting for AI to kick in and will tell you in words what you’re over and the current worth.