Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When a *KEYDATE* is not a *KEYDATE*...

NebTrac

Hunted an old house today. There's enough to keep me going back for years. This 1869 was the 2nd signal I dug. Wouldn't you know it, turned out to be a "Railroad Coin". Still a cool find. The other item is a Whatzit, and I'll post that on the appropriate section, but if anyone had an idea, I'd appreciate it. It comes apart into 3 pieces, the black part is hollow and has what I would call a "wick" type material inside. There are 2 holes in the "coned" part and a single, very small, hole in the back flat part.

NebTrac

Wow awesome find in Nebraska none the less! I don't know what that item is either but looks to me like it would be something that was worn around the neck attached to a string or necklace? Not sure though. Coulda held pills or something. Still a cool find!
Jordan

Most unusual find Troy, I don't know much about how Nebraskans do things, other than what I have heard that is, but maybe it has something to do with how Nebraskans got relief from hemorrhoids. :blink:

iskirkra said:
Most unusual find Troy, I don't know much about how Nebraskans do things, other than what I have heard that is, but maybe it has something to do with how Nebraskans got relief from hemorrhoids. :blink:

Tried that Randy....it doesn't work. :look::blush:

NebTrac

NebTrac said:
iskirkra said:

Tried that Randy....it doesn't work. :look::blush:

NebTrac

:laugh:

so sad that a kid ruined a KEY date coin.....UGHHHHH, still a cool find! I dug a key date indian this year that had 2 nail holes punched in it! back then it was JUST a penny!

That is a sweet find brother.:thumbup:

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest whether it was smashed OR mint:thumbup:....you found a key date and it's all yours:cheers:

Being a "railroad" cent just adds some nostalgia to it.:thumbup:

Bryce-IL said:
That is a sweet find brother.:thumbup:

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest whether it was smashed OR mint:thumbup:....you found a key date and it's all yours:cheers:

Being a "railroad" cent just adds some nostalgia to it.:thumbup:

Thanks Bryce. I've sorta banked up on that thought as well. Its still a Key date and its better than finding just a regular Railroad coin. I am thankful I can read the last 2 digits at least.

NebTrac

Goes4ever said:
so sad that a kid ruined a KEY date coin.....UGHHHHH, still a cool find! I dug a key date indian this year that had 2 nail holes punched in it! back then it was JUST a penny!

Thanks Terry. Its my second oldest coin. Here in central Nebraska its pretty rare to dip down into the 1860's.

NebTrac

I'm interested to learn what the other item is. Is there a hole in the tip of the interior cone shaped piece?

Congrats on the IH cent. Always nice to find a key date.

Rich (Utah)

Come on Nebtrac...we all know you accidentally smashed the wrong coin on the tracks....great find! Lets get out there early next week...I'll need to burn off some turkey!

Rich (Utah) said:
I'm interested to learn what the other item is. Is there a hole in the tip of the interior cone shaped piece?

Congrats on the IH cent. Always nice to find a key date.

Rich (Utah)

Hey Rich. How ya doin'?

Yes there is. If you go to the Whatzit section here on Findmall, I've got more pictures and a few close-ups.

Take care,

NebTrac