Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

When are the Wireless Headphones for the Racer 2 Shipping?

Are yo uin the US or europe? I just got a message saying that they were going to ship the third week in July. I also noticed that the hold on payment at Paypal is no longer there... Not sure what that means...

I thought Makro would chime in with an answer. Oh well. I guess they are busy with terrorist issues. I understand.

As posted elsewhere, My Pre-Order was canceled. Don't know why, but I'm unlikely to order at the 'new' price. there are other options out there. Plus, I'm now a bit leery of any further transactions with Nokta as they couldn't give me any reasonable explanation of where my payment went. I had to contact Paypal to track it down. It had been canceled so there wasn't any loss, but irritating nonetheless. I like the machine, so I'll leave it at that.

I didn't know there was an introductory price. I thought it was just a chance to pre order.

No, if you placed a pre-order in May, then you got a price of $119.00. Held in Escrow until shipping date.

What's the new price of the headphones? I thought $119 was a fair price, but not sure I'd pay much more then that :confused:

I was on board at $119.00 also but I wasn't in a big hurry as over the ear headphones suck in Arizona heat during the summer. Thought I'd order a set when things start to cool off a bit as long as the price remains the same.

Last thing I heard from the first 2 reviews was that they blew your ears off they were so loud.

Completely uusable one guy said.

Matt

staffydog33 said:
Last thing I heard from the first 2 reviews was that they blew your ears off they were so loud.

Completely uusable one guy said.

Matt

There's a volume control on the Racer2, so that shouldn't be an issue..... did they try turning the volume down?

Yes they can be loud, the ones I tried ( Monte's set) if I remember right I turned down the volume control on the Racer 2 to approx 1/2 instead of max and they were fine. I like that they can be Loud and the volume adjusted down to suit your needs.

http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=259&t=85902&start=20

Don't buy em yet til Makro fix the issue.

Matt

I canceled my Pre-order. MY first pre-order got lost somewhere (although it was later found) and the second pre order I made, I got to thinking, that with the company keep pushing back the release date, and new information on volume problems, I'd rather not beta test for the company. Do I lose my pre-order price? Probably. But that's a lot better than wasting money of a pair of headphones with problems.

hrefab said:
I canceled my Pre-order. MY first pre-order got lost somewhere (although it was later found) and the second pre order I made, ...
I am curious who you pre-ordered through?

hrefab said:
... I got to thinking, that with the company keep pushing back the release date, and new information on volume problems, I'd rather not beta test for the company.
I look at it this way. The "company," Makro Detectors, had development engineers and in-house evaluation work done. They then got some of the new 2.4 Gig. headphones out into the hands of some selected evaluators, and I was one of them. They asked for feedback from all of us and, while I haven't heard from any other evaluator personally, I could only share with them my results of evaluating the new wireless headphones on two [size=small](2)[/size] new Racer 2's and two [size=small](2)[/size] new Gold Racer models, and in every case I was pleased with the audio quality, and how well they conveyed the quickness of response and recovery. I didn't/don't have any problems with these headphones compared with other wireless headphones I have owned or tried on different detectors through the years.

Are they officially released yet? No, and I am sure it is because the good folks at Makro/Nokta are doing their level best to be assured they have a quality and reliable product ready for release.

hrefab said:
Do I lose my pre-order price? Probably. But that's a lot better than wasting money of a pair of headphones with problems.
I do not consider any investment in any product from these company brands to be a waste. If there is any problem that somehow slips through, it is my experienced opinion they are very attentive and quick to assess the situation and take care of their customers, doing a better job than most any manufacturer does.

Monte

Holding off on these until I hear the issue is resolved.
Man it will be nice to not have the wire....

Hello all.

Please note that we sent the wireless headphone samples to a few testers in the USA, Europe and Australia.
We got no negative feedback on the volume from any of the testers so we released them as they are. We believe it is more of a subjective point rather than an issue.
However, we are tweaking the volume now since some customers are concerned.
Since we did not ship any units to USA yet, no concern for the customers who have pre-ordered them as they will be getting the revised version.
For any customers who already bought them thru Europe or Australia and who think the volume is high, we can replace the headphones with a new one.